Getting the Coach, Ferry, Coach, Underground to DLP

Started by Coaster Kingdom, August 01, 2017, 10:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coaster Kingdom

So on our last trip we decided to get the Coach to Paris. What can I say, yes it's super cheap, yes it's very easy to do BUT oh my days it's long.

So, you go from your town to Victoria Station in London.

Then jump on the Eurolines Coach to Paris Coach Station.

In the station you can get a ticket from the underground that's clearly marked to Disneyland Paris.

From there it's 3 station changes and viola your there......The total trip was 14+ hours long, yep THAT long!

Here's a little video of our little journey.

https://youtu.be/5by7fxmc3Fk

tubbsy

Oh my! That is completely crazy!
I feel tired watching you!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Zee79

Rather you than me haha
we did coach to DLP many times and I now don't know how we did it.  It was cheaper and took 14hrs, like yours did, from getting picked up in the north east, stopping at various pick ups to drop off at hotel. It was exciting,fun and part of the holiday but I just can't do it anymore,plus the companies we use were getting more expensive. We self drive now and have a road trip.

Crush

Eeek feeling a bit nervous now! Just booked our next DLP trip for October and it'll be the first time we're doing it by coach. Harry Shaw, I think it is.

Previous three times were via Eurostar but this visit was on a very tight budget! Oh dear, it'll be worth it when we're there  :-\
January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida

Zee79

Quote from: Crush on August 03, 2017, 09:04:32 PM
Eeek feeling a bit nervous now! Just booked our next DLP trip for October and it'll be the first time we're doing it by coach. Harry Shaw, I think it is.

Previous three times were via Eurostar but this visit was on a very tight budget! Oh dear, it'll be worth it when we're there  :-\
It will be fine, you will enjoy it. I just can't do it anymore that's all. I used to go to Spain on the coach. I just don't travel well and got very tall husband & daughter who moan all the way about leg room.

Marie2003

Going by coach really isn't that bad, every trip I've done to DLP has been by coach from the South West, which works out more like 16 hours! I've never travelled with Harry Shaw so can't comment on that particular company, but I've been with a few and quite often the driver will put Disney films on the TV for the kids, and the past few times has sold bottles of water for far less than service station prices once we've reached the other side of the channel. It is much, much cheaper than any other mode of transport; last year we got £214pp for two people for three nights in the Sequoia including park tickets, and after booking with the same company this year for the Cheyenne, I checked the Disneyland Paris official brochure and we're going for half the price they would have charged, and that's without transport!  :o

The best advice I can give you is if you're travelling with kids, make sure you take plenty of little things for them to do; when I was 11 I spent the whole trip listening to audio books (on CD- it was a while ago!), which is a good way of spending the time without getting travel sick! Take plenty of snacks, because it can be a long time before you next stop somewhere, and for the same reason eat meals when you can, don't put it off for later. Also, if you have got long legs (like my mum!), take the aisle seat so you can stretch them out a bit!

I hope you have a wonderful time!  :D
August 2003- Offsite
August 2008- Offsite
August 2016- Sequoia Lodge
August 2017- Cheyenne
August 2018- Cheyenne
December 2019- Sequoia Lodge

Crush

Thanks guys, feeling a bit better about it, I'm sure it'll be fine. All part of the adventure! :D

Just my sister & I going (25 & 16) and neither are particularly blessed in the height department!
January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida