Rumoured Studios Closures

Started by claire2281, July 27, 2017, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claire2281

According to ED92 three further closures are planned in the Studios: art of animation, Disney Junior and Armageddon.

TBH none of these are really a surprise and one at least would be very welcome!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

AJDisney

I really like Armageddon, but it's completely outdated (I mean, let's be honest except fans of the park, who cares about Armageddon?).

This is good news, if true.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

YenSidBot

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas only good things to come  :D :D :D :D :D
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Rocketeer

Well that sounds like it should be positive, but I wonder what it'd be for? Surely they're closing for future attractions - and not a money saving exersise. I'm cautiously optimisic - so long as its not some daft pointless retheme.

They could simply add GotG to AES. Just sayin'.

Sad to hear that the Art of Animation is closing, although I'm not surprised. It occupies prime real estate in the park, and could never really live up to the original DHS attraction back in the '80s/'90s.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Greg

Great news!  Let's hope the changes at DHS continue.  Armageddon and Disney Junior were so outdated. Stitch probably won't last long, and I'd love an updated theme for Rock n Roller Coaster.

Can we demolish Studio 1 and give the park a proper entrance, too?
June 2009
May 2012
April 2013
June 2014- Disneyland Hotel
April 2015
April 2016 - Newport Bay Club
September 2016 - Disneyland Hotel
January 2017 - Newport Bay Club
October 2017 - Newport Bay Club
April 2018 - Newport Bay Club
October 2018 - Newport Bay Club

polar vixen

Nooooooo we love stitch! We usually do it 3 or more times each holiday, I think it's good to keep some retro disney around.

KatLouvain

Fantastic news about Armageddon, I hate the thing - although I do hope they have plans to put something else there instead.
They better not touch Rock n Roller Coaster though. I love Aerosmith  ;D
Sept 2016 - Santa Fe (3n 4d)
June 2017 - DCR (4n 5d)

Dolph7800

Hoping this isn't anytime before our trip in February. Missed out on Armageddon last time, and despite being really outdated, the Disney Junior show is fantastic for toddlers and would be a big miss, as is stitch - these are two really good bits of sit down entertainment for the younger toddlers which I fear wouldn't be replaced in any new or Marvel attraction.

Sugaroo_

Armaggedon - good riddance (sorry it's a waste of space at this point). I second the GotG update, it would fit in nicely there.

Disney Junior - it's a mistake to scrap the Disney Junior concept all together. Couldn't they just update it so it would feature Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, PJ masks etc.?

Any hint on how soon the closures will take place? We've never been to Stitch Live! and I'd like to get the chance before it's removed.

"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

dlpowl

Quote from: polar vixen on July 27, 2017, 11:02:19 PM
Nooooooo we love stitch! We usually do it 3 or more times each holiday, I think it's good to keep some retro disney around.

We love Stitch Live too but I'm hoping they just mean the Disney Jnr Live show not the Stitch one?  Save Stitch!

petals

They'll prob replace them with Marvel, Stars Wars or GotG Lol!!!

AJDisney

Quote from: petals on July 29, 2017, 02:41:57 AM
They'll prob replace them with Marvel, Stars Wars or GotG Lol!!!

A GOTG ride was pretty much all but confirmed at D23. They said that they wanted to have different 'Mission' rides throughout the world (which is also good news, as it means our ToT will remain untouched!!). Obviously they have one at Disneyland and will have one at Epcot, so it would make sense to have one in the Studios.

Personally, as long as the rides are interesting, I'm all for it!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Rocketeer

I'd hope that they can stagger these attraction closures, all three shutting in one go will leave a sizable gap in the ride roster.

And, here's hoping that they can rehouse the AES Armadillo on the Backlot Tour. No point in scrapping that.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

lunekid

Thank lord! It's about damn time too!

ChipandDale99

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 29, 2017, 11:31:50 PM
I'd hope that they can stagger these attraction closures, all three shutting in one go will leave a sizable gap in the ride roster.

And, here's hoping that they can rehouse the AES Armadillo on the Backlot Tour. No point in scrapping that.

I agree having all of them closed at once will make the left side of the park feel very empty. It would take time but maybe leave one open until the new one is functioning.
Otherwise it will just cause bigger queues on crush, ratatouille and toy story land.