Space Mountain - a few questions...

Started by chicks99, July 23, 2017, 08:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks99

Hello everyone!

Hope you've all had a good weekend! I've been to Disney quite a few times but have never ever plucked up the courage to go on SM. I managed my first upside down ride last year (Indiana Jones haha). Can anyone confirm does Space Mountain go upside down? cork screws? etc...

I really want to try it this year but after youtubing lights on space mountain -  I am none the wiser haha

Thanks!

Pamela

It's really a very dark ride and I managed to not even notice that there was a looping somewhere in there. The visuals were amazing and a total distraction as to what the ride was doing, haha.

I haven't been in the Space Mountain, or whatever it is called now, after the refurbishment, so I'm not sure how I would feel about the loopings and all that now. I mean; I like loopings, but as I didn't really notice the first time, I don't know how that'd be after refurb.

claire2281

It does loop and has a couple of corkscrews.

Tbh I would go on Rock n Roller before SM. They're VERY similar rides but the former is still smoother even after SM's refurbs. Try RnR first and if you're okay with that SM will be a doddle!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

polar vixen

I actually found hyperspace mountain better than rnr. There was one moment when I thought @i'm upside down' lol but you can't see it coming and it's overso fast it barely registers. Even my 6 yr old loved it so if you can manage Indiana I think you'll be fine, and the effects are awesome

dencarter

The upside-down element of (Hyper)space Mountain is very tame compared to Indy, so I reckon you'll love it!

Thaliel

Plus the loop happens almost directly at the beginning of the ride, so you'll have the "worst" part behind you faster than lightspeed
<-Plz click

Sugaroo_

You're in the dark and it happens so fast it'll be over before you know it. The launch is much crazier and oh so awesome  ;D
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

chicks99

Thank you everyone! Made me feel 100x more confident about going on it - only a few months to go haha