Tips for parades and fireworks?

Started by Lou-89, August 05, 2017, 10:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou-89

Getting so excited now, off to Disneyland Paris in only 8 sleeps!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the best out of the parades and fireworks.
Like what time do people usually head to these and are there any good places to stand to get a good view?

in Florida you can pay extra to go to VIP areas to view the parades and firework shows, is this avalible at DLP?

Thanks  :)
1999- Walt Disney World Florida
2002- Walt Disney World Florida
2005- Walt Disney World Florida
2007- Walt Disney World Florida
2011- Davey Crockett Disneyland Paris
2015- Walt Disney World Florida
August 2017- Disneyland Paris 😁

dencarter

The only dedicated areas are for Infinity pass holders and wheelchair users.

The parade is really worth getting a front row view for. Depending on the day of the week, you'll want to grab your spot 30/45 mins early. Most people watch from Main St, but that's not the best spot. If you can get there, my best suggestion is on the hub roundabout, on the side closest to the walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland entrance. This way you get a great view of the parade from all angles, and your photos will have the castle in the background too. But if you can't get a front row view from this spot, try Fantasyland, near the Pizzeria Bella Notte, which is near the start of the parade, and there are usually more opportunities there.

For the Illuminations, you really need to get a spot that gives you a front on view of the centre of the castle. A lot of people congregate around the hub, but for me the best view is at the lower end of Main St, near Casey's Corner. Here you'll get a good all-round view. Try not to stand directly behind anyone, as all you'll see is the back of their head! You're better off walking further back down Main St for a less congested view, than trying to get close and getting caught in a crowd. For Illuminations I recommend finding your spot at least 20 mins ahead of show time, especially your first time.

claire2281

The parade: if you want a front room view you need to get there about 45mins-1hr beforehand. My preferred spot is between the castle stage and the towers near Belle Note, same side of the road as IASW. There's only a short stretch you can stand along on there but you get a great view of the parade coming down.

For Illuminations: most spots are good if you don't have something obvious in your way like a lamp post. We often went to the central hub because generally people remaining seated in there throughout and then you don't have your view spoiled by a tall person on someone who puts their child on their shoulders and blocks your view entirely. This area does fill up early though and generally you need to be there at least an hour beforehand.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne