Magic Shuttle

Started by Tai, May 08, 2017, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai

Hi,

Does anyone know how often does the magic shuttle runs from from CHARLES-DE-GAULLE to the Disneyland Hotels? I looked on their site and I'm not really sure. I always thought that they were regular. I haven't used the shuttle service for a couple of years now so I'm not sure.

Thanks

-Tai

Slimy yet satisfying

go on to the magic shuttle home page and there is a whole tab that gives timetables to each Disney Hotel and beyond.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

bp_serene

Disney25

Hi got home on Saturday miss it so much already. Trying to send you a copy of the magic shuttle timetable.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Disney25

Sorry new to this I sent it 3 times!!! I'm not quiet with it yet my heads still in Disneyland!!!

Tai

Thanks for the replies. So it runs like every 25 mins? I was looking at the TGV and for once it seems to be like £15 cheaper than the shuttle but the only thing I am worried about is if my flight is delayed will I be able to get on any train to the parks?

Thanks

-Tai

RobinV1987

Quote from: Tai on May 08, 2017, 11:00:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. So it runs like every 25 mins? I was looking at the TGV and for once it seems to be like £15 cheaper than the shuttle but the only thing I am worried about is if my flight is delayed will I be able to get on any train to the parks?

Thanks

-Tai

I've been looking into the train option but all of it shows that it's more stressfull than helpfull (in my opinion ofcourse) and the thought of being dropped off at the hotel is a good reason for me to get the Magic Shuttle.

But unless your ticket has a reserved seat you should be able to get on any train you'd like.

samuelvictor

The TGV is only faster if you buy your tickets ahead of time. If you try to go to the stop at the station to buy your ticket its a confusing and time consuming thing, you have to take a ticket and wait your turn, it took over an hour last time I went and finding where and how to buy the ticket is not as obvious as you might think. If you can book your ticket early online you could save yourself some time and money, but when trying to do it myself once I was there, honestly I found it stressful, especially if you aren't pretty fluent in French.

The shuttle is cheap and easy, more aimed at tourists and all in both French and English, but two words of advice:

1) When going from the airport to the parks/hotels, only get the shuttles from the main stop at CDG, 2E/2F. Occasionally it looks like there will be a sooner one from terminal 1 or 3 but every time we've tried to get one its taken too long to find and we've missed it. The main stop at 2E/F is impossible to miss - huge red are with big logos and staff to help, and everyone at the airport will be able to point you to it if you can't find it. Just get to Terminal 2 (there are constant free trains from Terminal 1 and 3 if you get dropped off there!) and you are golden.

2) when getting your coach back, whether getting it from Disney Village/Station or your hotel entrance, if you are alone and waiting, you have to flag down the coach (ie wave at the driver and make it obvious you want to get on!). Don't just expect it to stop and let you get on, they don't stop by default and it will likely drive straight past you - a nightmare if its the last one of the night!

Also, minor point but don't forget to scan each of your tickets in the instant win lottery machine at the stop at CDG - its free to enter and you can win cool Disney stuff, meal vouchers, souveniers, free travel for next time etc etc :D It looks like a big vertical roulette wheel arcade game!

Tanooki

Hi!
Planning our first getaway to DLP in just a few weeks and very excited about it!  ;D
We bought a package (hotel+tickets+meal plan) and added the magical shuttle from CDG airport. I was wondering, since we've already paid for it, will we get something in the mail to show for it? If not, how can we prove this part has been paid? Do I need to print out my reservation?
Thanks!

Disney25

Hi. You will get a ticket via an email. 1 going out and 1 return ticket that the driver will scan. We got our ticket emailed about 2 weeks after booking I think I'll double check that later for you.

bp_serene

Quote from: Disney25 on May 10, 2017, 08:13:38 AM
Hi. You will get a ticket via an email. 1 going out and 1 return ticket that the driver will scan. We got our ticket emailed about 2 weeks after booking I think I'll double check that later for you.

Yes I had mine emailed to me about 6 weeks before departure date :)

Tanooki

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I need to be a little more patient  ;)

Disney25

Soooooooooo hard to be patient when your going to dlp!