Viewing the Fireworks

Started by Tinkerhel1970, March 28, 2017, 12:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerhel1970

We have been to DLP three times previously but due to various issues we are yet to see the firework display.  Our trip in June is for 4 nights and we are determined to watch them this time.  What are your tips for getting a spot with a great view?  :D
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

sunshineinadress

My top tip is get there early and sit on one of the benches that backs onto one of the hills of grass. Then when it starts you can stand up and turn around and you havent got anyone in front of you :)

I learnt this on my trip last year when Dreams was on, before the 25th anniversary. I know they've put character statues up around these areas so not sure if they would obstruct this view or not? Hopefully not as this is my plan for September!
xxx

Tinkerhel1970

Quote from: sunshineinadress on March 28, 2017, 11:01:52 PM
My top tip is get there early and sit on one of the benches that backs onto one of the hills of grass. Then when it starts you can stand up and turn around and you havent got anyone in front of you :)

I learnt this on my trip last year when Dreams was on, before the 25th anniversary. I know they've put character statues up around these areas so not sure if they would obstruct this view or not? Hopefully not as this is my plan for September!
xxx

Thank you for the tip, I will certainly look for the benches and make sure there are no statues in the way.  Hope you enjoy your trip in September  :D
WDW December 2005
WDW November 2019

c3po

Last week we got a really good view from the railings leading to Discoveryland. Standing a bit back seems to be a good idea.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

Beatles

We are just back and it was our first time seeing the fireworks display. My crew loved it.

The first night we saw them we were in the main area in front of Plaza Gardens, we waited there with reasonably good spots for half an hour before it started and my three became very restless. It wasn't worth the wait as many people arrive last minute so our youngest (7) had to go up on Daddys back as she couldn't see much. 

Like c3po, we noticed the railings at the entrance to Discoveryland gave a much better view, slightly to the side but elevated to see the whole thing and hardly any people around.  You also wouldn't need to be there early.

Tinkerhel1970

Thanks very much for the tips, I'll scope out the area once we get there  ;D
WDW December 2005
WDW November 2019