CinéMagique - Closed 29th March 2017

Started by claire2281, February 26, 2017, 12:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMF

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 12, 2017, 07:38:17 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on March 12, 2017, 07:10:49 PM
If petitions failed to save Mr. Toad, Country Bears, Horizons, The Adventurers Club, 8-Trax and The Hollywood Tower Hotel, then I'm afraid that CineMagique's closure is a fait accompli.

A noble gesuture nonetheless.

It's worth a try. It would be a shame for the park to lose something that's such an important part of its history.
The sad truth is is that Disney really doesn't care anymore.

mickey1980

Never thought the studio's were worth saving. But okay. Each to their own.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

Quote from: PMF on March 12, 2017, 11:44:55 PM
It's worth a try. It would be a shame for the park to lose something that's such an important part of its history.
The sad truth is is that Disney really doesn't care anymore.
[/quote]
Normally I'd try and argue the other side on that, but I fear you maybe right. I'm sure there are elements that do care - probably at WDI, but they get overridden by Burbank that go by the numbers rather than how the entire experience is.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

macca1476

Ultimately I think for the long term for the Parks to keep open Disney really need to boost visitor numbers. Only a tiny minority will go in the parks specifically for Cinemagique whereas a lot of people will be drawn by Marvel.

Increasing the amount of Star Wars in Studios has certainly made the parks busier, was really busy in February when i was there. Seeing on the app last weekend some rides had a 200 minute wait time.

Studios is where Marvel should go, at the moment the only character in the parks is Spiderman and that is a depressingly basic implementation. Quite excited to see what they are planning.

tigger1974

OK
Controversial comment time! I personally think the closure of Cinemagique is long overdue.
DLP gets lots of young visitors and some of the movies featured are really inappropriate for people below a certain age. I have not done Cinemagique for a couple of years but the last time I did it was still featuring a scene from The Exorcist which although was only brief really should not be seen by anyone under 18 let alone 5 and 6 year olds or younger. Now I do appreciate that DLP has a duty to appeal to everyone and as Walt Disney himself said his parks are not aimed solely at children but I think there a lot more family friendly movies that could have been used.  Oh and BTW this is not a dig at The Exorcist which really is one of the greatest films ever made.
Maybe it does not have to disappear altogether,  maybe they could just update the films and change the story.  Again no disrespect to Martin Short (a really good actor) but as another user has already said,  a lot of people do not recognise him.
Anyway for what it's worth,  that is my controversial comment concluded! If Cinemagique closes it will be exciting to see what takes its place and if it is only getting an overhaul then I am sure that a lot of people will look forward to seeing it again.
Good luck with the petition you never know it might do some good but I honestly will be surprised if it does as once Disney makes its mind up about something it doesn't normally change it again.... although the characters are returning to the hotels after only a short time away so you never can tell!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

claire2281

I've really enjoyed watching Cinemagique and I think it's a great attraction that I'll miss. Particularly since I'm taking a first time visitor with me this summer and now she won't get to see it. But at the same time I'm happy for them to bring in new things. The shows and attractions like these SHOULDN'T be permanent featured imo as they are one of the ways they can keep the park experience fresh.

I mean I was sad to see Animagique go but I'm really looking forward to seeing Mickey and the Magician. I'm glad to see Disney spending money on the park and changing things up. I only hope it's a sign of more to come.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Mitchell

I'm not too bothered, I much prefer shows such as Forest of Enchantment and Mickey and the Magician compared to a film show.
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

samuelvictor

Just got back and was glad to see Cinemagique one last time. I had 2 friends with me who'd never seen it before and they loved it.

Mind you I also got to watch Mickey and the Magician and it was fantastic. Absolutely stunning. I love Animagique and will miss it, but the new show is even better - I hope I'll feel the same way about whatever replaces Cinemagique.

Thaliel

It would have been lovely if they had hired martin short to appear live on stage at the very last screening, but oh well. Fare thee well, conemagique, thou shalt be missed
<-Plz click

MichaelTanzer91