Questions re tickets and Davy crockett

Started by Vicky1705, February 16, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOOKIENOOKIE

:o :o :o
Can't believe this sort of thing can happen with Internet bookings, how awful.
Don't let expedia get away with just re arranging the accommodation, if they want to keep your business in future they should offer you a further discount next time around (if you take the risk of using them)

I've seen a couple of comments now about internet booking sites not passing details to the Disney accommodation.

Going to triple check my bookings now

WOOKIENOOKIE

Quote from: dlpowl on February 16, 2017, 10:05:03 PM

Just as something for you to consider, we drive over to France the day before our holiday starts, set off around 6am, so we have the whole day to get there without having to stress if there's any delays or traffic jams.  We stay at the F1 hotel in Meaux which costs about £30 per room (we need 2 rooms) as it's only 15 mins from DLP.  We nip to a local fast food place then get a good nights sleep.  We get up the next morning, about 7am, nice and fresh, drive to Davy Crockett, get our tickets and we are in the park by 9am.  It does add an extra £60 to the holiday but for us, it's worth it because we have a full day that first day and we are all well rested, not arriving knackered with grouchy children and having missed half the first day of our holiday.  We do the same on the way home too so that we can have the entire last day in the parks rather than having to leave early.  Plus my husband can drive home fresh the next day not tired.

This is a great idea, really take the stress out and maximise park time.

BeautyandtheBeast

Just as something for you to consider, we drive over to France the day before our holiday starts, set off around 6am, so we have the whole day to get there without having to stress if there's any delays or traffic jams.  We stay at the F1 hotel in Meaux which costs about £30 per room (we need 2 rooms) as it's only 15 mins from DLP.  We nip to a local fast food place then get a good nights sleep.  We get up the next morning, about 7am, nice and fresh, drive to Davy Crockett, get our tickets and we are in the park by 9am.  It does add an extra £60 to the holiday but for us, it's worth it because we have a full day that first day and we are all well rested, not arriving knackered with grouchy children and having missed half the first day of our holiday.  We do the same on the way home too so that we can have the entire last day in the parks rather than having to leave early.  Plus my husband can drive home fresh the next day not tired.

That's a really good idea and I've changed our travel plans now to include stays at Kyriad the night before and on our last day. Thanks for sharing 👍👍

dlpowl

Quote from: BeautyandtheBeast on February 21, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

That's a really good idea and I've changed our travel plans now to include stays at Kyriad the night before and on our last day. Thanks for sharing 👍👍

Aah, glad to have helped.  We find it sooo much better than arriving on the first day of your DLP holiday. 

Askew80

Quote from: dlpowl on February 20, 2017, 11:23:33 AM
Quote from: Askew80 on February 20, 2017, 05:06:49 AM
Thanks.  Yes small.world in fact guessing by your user name it means your from the darkside of Sheffield!! Lol

Where live near manvers

Yes, fully paid up season ticket holder, blue and white blood. Lol!  Married to a Blade though!  We all have our crosses to bear. Hahaaa!  Hope you have a great time.

So at least your wife has sense, my eldest son wanted United season ticket for his bay! Hopefully this year is ours!!!

As for holiday it turned into a bigger stress when went to check out of marriott holiday village as Expedia hadn't sent funds through so after an hour wasted in reception on the phone to Expedia I ended up having to fork out €252 for the room!! And hope Expedia allow me to claim the money back!

Enjoyed Disney but not sure if these events but a dampener on it or because last time it was Xmas and we had upgraded all meals to character meals but didn't have as much Disney magic!

dlpowl

Quote from: Askew80 on February 25, 2017, 09:03:58 AM
Quote from: dlpowl on February 20, 2017, 11:23:33 AM
Quote from: Askew80 on February 20, 2017, 05:06:49 AM
Thanks.  Yes small.world in fact guessing by your user name it means your from the darkside of Sheffield!! Lol

Where live near manvers

Yes, fully paid up season ticket holder, blue and white blood. Lol!  Married to a Blade though!  We all have our crosses to bear. Hahaaa!  Hope you have a great time.

So at least your wife has sense, my eldest son wanted United season ticket for his bay! Hopefully this year is ours!!!

As for holiday it turned into a bigger stress when went to check out of marriott holiday village as Expedia hadn't sent funds through so after an hour wasted in reception on the phone to Expedia I ended up having to fork out €252 for the room!! And hope Expedia allow me to claim the money back!

Enjoyed Disney but not sure if these events but a dampener on it or because last time it was Xmas and we had upgraded all meals to character meals but didn't have as much Disney magic!

No, I'm the Mrs, hubby is the Blade.  He's off to the match in a minute!  I'm watching the mighty owls on sky.  Yeah, it really feels like this might be your year, I hope so, but you've got to get automatic, you don't want any play off nonsense. I don't think I can wave him off to Wembley and then pick him up off the floor again when they lose!  He's heartbroken every time!  Just like I was when we lost last year.  It's a long drive back up that M1 when you've lost, isn't it?  Gutted. 

What a nightmare you had with Expedia!  Hope you get that money back!  I'd kick off until I got it!  Aww, what a shame you didn't feel the same magic.  Our next visit is this time next year cos we are all Star Wars mad so we want to go for Season of The Force.  We will go after the half term holidays though so it shouldn't be as busy. 

We are going to do Auberge on our next visit, just me and our daughter though.  Hubby and the boys will do something else.  Yeah, Xmas is magical so maybe as a direct comparison it would feel different.  We've only ever been during the summer season (September) so we've never seen Xmas or Halloween but they are next on our list after Season of the Force.  How cold was it this time?  Did you get to meet many characters? 

Askew80

Good Sheffield double this weekend ;)and can confirm m1 is a long drive back (not as far as wolves loss at Cardiff but still long journey lol).

Star wars stuff was best thing we saw this time.  Was really impressed (we saw the night time show literally outside entertainment to stitch live so had great view of tot and stage.  Preferred it to dreams and I ain't a star wars fan.

Weather wasn't to bad, was windy on the Thursday morning as doris struck but was a nightmare last morning (ticket machines weren't working so got up for magic hours to find a 45 mins queue outside.park so ended up going into shop in hotel and then over to studios to be at front for opening and go on nemo.  None of fast pass machines were working.  We then set off earlier to be clear all way France side but motorways UK side really bad cause of doris.  Ended up 11 1/2 drive back!

Character wise we did well, last time got loads with meals and eldest son had a disabled card (as he was just recovering from being ran over and broken leg), so only had 4 pages left in autograph book as got loads.  Books now completed and starting to double up on pages now - got Peter pan and Wendy, captain jack sparrow, Aladin and jasmine, moana and refekie.  Could have git few more.but they wanted more of the rides this time