Re-imagineering Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

Started by Kristof, May 12, 2007, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Discuss here how you would like to see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril re-imagineered!  :)

Kristof

Well I'll go first, originally animatronics where supposed to be placed along the queue line and coaster tracks.

Add in a few smoke, fire and sound effects and the ride will be even more interesting...   :)   Your thoughts?

penfold12

Does raging Spirits have these animatronics?

Kristof

No, and if I recall well (should dig up a video again), there are no on-ride effects with the exception of smoke.  But I can be wrong.

penfold12

I always hoped that the que area would be interactive like the Indy ride at Disneyland. I know they had to put interest in the que line as it was so long (the ride is outside the berm due to no space I think, but the entrance in adventure land).

The ceiling coming down when people mess with the bamboo pole that "hold" up to ceiling is genius!

Dlrpfan

I would love if they could incorperate some elements of the indiana jones adventure from DLC
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Lordofthemightybeasts

I'd rather they'd save that for a full blown Indiana Jones Adventure EMV ride with some unique new element incorporated into it.

It could happen... ten years ago :(

Kristof

The EMV ride is actually still planned to be build at DLRP someday.  The original plans called for the EMV ride and the Temple of Peril coaster to be next to each other.  The space for it is still reserved (behind the large bamboo backstage gate) and will not be used for any other projects.

KittyVogt

Great! The Indy Jones EMV ride is one of my favs out of all the disneylands. Iv been on the LA one and the Japanese one, so id like to see France's take on it. It couldn't be the exact same though, thatd be boring. Just like the Japanese one differs from the LA one a bit, it should too.

A whole area of jungle themed rides would be good, instead of just 'adventureland' which encompasses everything. I wouldn't mind the jungle cruise, although it being in French would be difficult. But im sure they could do a remodel of it and focus more on the ride and the animatronics than the speaking. Others jungle rides would be awesome too.

Kristof

The Jungle Cruise wasn't supposed to come to DLRP from the beginning.  A different concept was Imagineered that featured a Jeep ride through the jungle with lots of audio-animatronic animals along the route.

KittyVogt

Ooo, I like that idea. Similar jeeps to the ones in Indiana Jones EMV? I still think the park needs another ride in water though.

CafeFantasia

Here's my take on the topic...

I think, if they're going to keep Temple of Peril with an Indiana Jones theme, they might as well add an on-board soundtrack, to add more of a movie experience to the ride. Plus they could really do with some more props or effects to make it clear it's an Indiana Jones attraction. How about some booby traps? They could add various moving walls, spikes, and flames throughout the attraction.

Personally, I would take the loop out of the ride, in an effort to make it more family friendly. Temple of Peril is one of those non-Disney attractions which divides families, because of the loop. Without the loop, the vehicles probably wouldn't need over-the-shoulder restraints, making it a more comfortable ride. No more head bashing.

kurgly_bird

but the loop makes the ride what it is, you don't see it unless you know it's coming. i don't think it should be taken out, dlrp already has a family coaster in big thunder mountain (and soon crush). imo no loop= no ride

x x x

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alan"Here's my take on the topic...

I think, if they're going to keep Temple of Peril with an Indiana Jones theme, they might as well add an on-board soundtrack, to add more of a movie experience to the ride. Plus they could really do with some more props or effects to make it clear it's an Indiana Jones attraction. How about some booby traps? They could add various moving walls, spikes, and flames throughout the attraction.

Personally, I would take the loop out of the ride, in an effort to make it more family friendly. Temple of Peril is one of those non-Disney attractions which divides families, because of the loop. Without the loop, the vehicles probably wouldn't need over-the-shoulder restraints, making it a more comfortable ride. No more head bashing.

Although I don't really like the loop because it's painful, I don't think DLRP would take it out since it was the first inversion on a ride in any Disney park. Like kurgly_bird said, it's the main part of the ride and the part that people remember.

But I really like your idea of an on-board soundtrack! It would definitely add more atmosphere to the ride. The only thing is, the soundtrack would have to be very loud because Indiana Jones makes that really loud roaring sound that you can hear almost throughout the whole park  :P

x-charlotte-x

Quote from: "raptor1982"The Jungle Cruise wasn't supposed to come to DLRP from the beginning.  A different concept was Imagineered that featured a Jeep ride through the jungle with lots of audio-animatronic animals along the route.

I like the idea of a jungle jeep ride, something a bit like the Kilimanjaro Safari ride from the Animal Kingdom but with animatronic animals instead of the real thing that would be interesting!  :D

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York