What was the quietest time you visited?

Started by Mushu_Stitch, November 06, 2016, 09:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of multiple visits, when was your quietest visit in the parks?

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all, I know there are a lot of you on here that visit DLP regularly and often at varying times of the year. As someone who has been a very small handful of times I have noticed quite a difference in how busy it is.

I went early October and it was reasonably quiet and then been twice in May expecting it to be busier but was actually quieter than October (admittedly it was just before half term)

As we are starting to plan to maybe go next September it got me speculating how busy it might be so I was curious when the quietest times were you guys have been? Thought this could be an interesting little poll

Feel free to vote and leave any comments. Thanks!  ;D

lovindisney87

January has definitely been the quietest time we have been, admittedly the weather can be a nightmare but we have always been lucky that although cold we haven't had much rain  :D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Andybear

I can't vote in the poll as parts of some months I've been are quieter than other parts of the same months.  I've been in late September and early December and they were about the same as each other - a lot of rides were walk-ons, the busiest was Peter Pan, which was about a 30 minute wait maximum.  However I know people who've been early September and they said it was busy.  Also of course late December is one of the busiest times of the year. 

Zee79

We normally visit summer or Christmas but in 2013 went May half term & it was so quiet, couldn't believe it, seemed like only the British were there and then there wasn't many of them.

never2old

A few years ago my brother and I went in January, we were there the last sunday of the Christmas season and the monday after. All rides were walk-ons, event BTM (Ratatouille wasn't open yet). It was very very cold, the Rivers of the Far West were frozen solid, as was the Lake Disney, and we had some snow....

We were dressed up for it so we were OK (though I thought my face would freeze when we were doing BTM...), plenty of layers!

Sulley's Arms

Our quietest trip was in Feb '14 just before the half term.  We video'd whilst walking round because we couldn't believe the complete absence of anybody!  Didn't queue at all for 2 days!  Good times.

We've also been in August and managed to go on every ride in both parks, plus dine at Blue Lagoon, all in a single evening and the following morning!

Sometimes you just get lucky...

Mind you, in October half term 2011 we arrived approx 5pm on our first day, and didn't go on a single ride that evening (until 9pm) due to the immensely excessive queues on every ride! On that occasion we prioritised the shows, scenery and atmosphere, so we definitely made the best of it.  :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

grovesie

Quote from: never2old on November 07, 2016, 03:22:37 PM
A few years ago my brother and I went in January, we were there the last sunday of the Christmas season and the monday after. All rides were walk-ons, event BTM (Ratatouille wasn't open yet). It was very very cold, the Rivers of the Far West were frozen solid, as was the Lake Disney, and we had some snow....

We were dressed up for it so we were OK (though I thought my face would freeze when we were doing BTM...), plenty of layers!

We too have been at this time and it's like having a VIP fast pass for all the rides. There were times we didn't get off and went for a second turn. Indiana Jones had to wait for some of the cars to fill before sending them off.  Great time of year to go if you can

MattR

November.

During the Magic Extra Hours there was nobody. We even took landescape fotos of the castle with nobody in it.

Nobody was waiting for the parades. I am used to reserver a space at least 3-4 hours before the parade from Tokyo Disneyland, so I was really surprised that you could actually arrive just in time and still see something.

Same oges for the rides most of them were walk ins and even the popular attractions (Crush e.g.) all had waiting ques under 3 hours mostly under 1 hour.