Favourite Hotels

Started by Disney Magic, August 30, 2016, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Magic

In everyone's opinion which is there favourite Disney hotel.
Mine would be Newport Bay
Comment down below your favourites  :D :D :D

DisneyGagaChick

Hotel New York- lovely & friendly vibe, helpful staff, not far from the parks. I always stay here when I go to Disneyland Paris.  :o ;D

Zee79

Others might disagree but I love the Cheyenne. I feel so at home & comfortable there. I enjoyed the Sequoia Lodge when I stayed. Hubby prefers that one.

bad-pink-tink

has to be Disneyland Hotel, although I doubt I'll get to stay there again :(
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

sunshine1

Quote from: Disney Magic on August 30, 2016, 08:27:28 PM
In everyone's opinion which is there favourite Disney hotel.
Mine would be Newport Bay
Comment down below your favourites  :D :D :D

Newport is lovely.

Beautiful, especially after refurb and it never seems that busy.

I think more people go New York or Disneyland Hotel.

Would love to stay at Disneyland Hotel - Newport prices is a push for me. So I am grateful when I stay there.

Will only stay at Newport. Stayed at Cheyenne as a cheap option one month after I stayed at Newport and I hated it.

TikiRosita

I'm glad everyone likes Newport - going there in October!

I have stayed in the Santa Fe and HATED it. Never again.
Disneyland Paris - Feb 2014 / Hong Kong Disneyland - November 2015 / Walt Disney World - March 2016 / Disneyland Paris - October 2016

stormflm595

My favourite out of SF and SL is definitely Sequioa Lodge but I'm staying in Newport Bay next year and reckon that'll end up being my fav ha
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Samninetysix

We've been to DLP 55 times since 1992 (56 times next week) and have been very fortunate to have stayed in all the Disney hotels and partner hotels in Magny-Le-Hongre and we have loved all of them for different reasons. Our first was Santa Fe when Clint was on the billboard. Without question the Disneyland Hotel is the most oppulent and being right there on the front gate is fantastic (no extra security to queue for and soooooooo convenient at the end of a hectic day) BUT and this is a biggie for me, does it have the best "feel", I guess this depends on who, when and what. We had our anniversary in DLH and it was magical, we had Christmas in NPB and it was more magical. Stayed in Sequoila Lodge in the Autumn when leaves were dropping off the trees and the nights were drawing in......that last walk through the village to be greeted by that big stone fireplace - almost cried. Hotel New York, never got on with it, nice bar but the rooms and hotel just never did it for me and always got the impression that a large percentage of the guests there were "wannabees", couldn't quite afford the DLH but turned up in the Range Rovers and Mercs for good measure and you could always hear them. Santa Fe will always have a place in my heart because it was our first in 1992. Cheyenne is also spectacular, some of the best theming in a hotel. We have stayed at Davy Crockett more times than any other, mostly due to having family members and friends in tow and everything is there, bar, restaurant, awesome pool, karaoke *cough*. The partner hotels have the obvious advantage of being so much cheaper whilst being very close but this is offset by the heathen hordes that flood the shuttle busses at night and the new B&B hotel is pretty bloody good.

Favourite?, not sure I have one, next week when we go we are on a campsite near Compiegne but plan to drive in at least 4 times over our 2 week holiday with our AP's so it'll be just as magical when we get to the parks.

My two penneth :)

grovesie

For me and my family it has to be the Cheyenne. This is for a number of reasons. The theming, feel, the walk along the river to the parks.

We have stayed at all of the onsite hotels and this is a family favourite

mickey_nl

Well,

I had the opportunity to stay in all the Disneyland Paris Hotels, incl. the associated. Must say, despite the money. I ratter stay in an onside hotel.

Looking at the onside hotels, in Fall and Winter time, I love SL, because of the warm atmosphere. Summer I think New York is more up the list. Although the Disneyland Hotel is the most convenient because of the location right on top of the Entrance, so if I don't look at the price, it has to be the Disneyland Hotel, otherwise it is Sequoia Lodge.

Magic_Liv

I defiantly feel like sequoia has my heart, the warm feel of it just feels like home to me x

tigger1974

During my trips to DLP I have stayed at each hotel except the Cheyenne but my personal favourite has always been the Newport Bay although I can't really say why!  I think the blue and white colour scheme looks really clean and inviting. When I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel,  I have to say I was a little bit underwhelmed - although the location is fabulous and it is nice to be able to be back in your room within minutes of closing time,  the basic standard rooms are no different to the rooms at the New York or Newport in terms of comfort and cleanliness. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy my stay there but I wouldn't do it again.  I would pay that little bit less money and stay at the Newport.
However I have no qualms about staying at the Santa Fe either in fact this is the hotel I have stayed at the most.  I have always thoroughly enjoyed my stays there and never felt that it was a "lesser" hotel and on nice days the walk up to the parks along the banks of the river is very pleasant.
If I could afford it though,  it would be the Newport every time.

TTFN

'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

samuelvictor

I agree with some others here that there is something special about the Cheyenne. Sure, its not as luxurious as some of the others but the design & theming is brilliant and it feels very homely and welcoming. Mind you, I also like the Santa Fe a lot too, and have fond memories there, so I obviously don't mind the lower end.

We stayed one odd night in the Explorer's (as it was cheaper for us to travel out a day earlier) and I was very impressed with it. Great theming, fantastic pool & facilities. Would definitely like to stay there again :)

Andybear

I've only been to DLP twice and on each occasion stayed at Sequoia Lodge.  I'll also be staying there for my visit next September.  I love it and am not particularly interested in staying at any of the other hotels as I love the the green, woody theming of SL, I live in a rural area and love that for the same reason.

SwipatronSparks

hmmmm.... of the hotels i have stayed in my favourite was definately the disneyland hotel it was just magical... but when a budget is a thing (lets face it unless there is a stupidly good price available budget is always a thing) then i would go for the sequoia =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....