Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, July 28, 2016, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claire2281

Quote from: NCC1701Q on August 04, 2017, 09:53:38 AM
We've been at DLP since the Saturday before the official re-opening and first off - the improvements are amazing. Love the new music and special FX at the lift hill and the whole market scene is great.
However, this week the swinging pirate wasn't swinging anymore one day, the two chasing pairs just after the market scene stood still, as did the dueling pirates.
The swinging and chasing ones have been fixed but the dueling scene got closed off with a curtain yesterday.
I understand technology sometimes falters but it is really a shame this happens so quickly after such a long time of renovation.
(Similar: I must have been on BTM over a 100 times since it reopened but have never seen the smoke effect on the third hill).

It's frustrating but I do understand that until it's running 12 hours a day 7 days a week, you don't really know how it will hold up. They just don't test it in such a way that can replicate that. Unless there's a underlying issue (BtM, I'm looking at you), these issues normally get solved fairly quickly as they figure out what's vulnerable under long term use.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: NCC1701Q on August 04, 2017, 09:53:38 AM
We've been at DLP since the Saturday before the official re-opening and first off - the improvements are amazing. Love the new music and special FX at the lift hill and the whole market scene is great.
However, this week the swinging pirate wasn't swinging anymore one day, the two chasing pairs just after the market scene stood still, as did the dueling pirates.
The swinging and chasing ones have been fixed but the dueling scene got closed off with a curtain yesterday.
I understand technology sometimes falters but it is really a shame this happens so quickly after such a long time of renovation.
(Similar: I must have been on BTM over a 100 times since it reopened but have never seen the smoke effect on the third hill).
I think I read somewhere that new rides or renovations at Disney tend to break down more than old ones, which is interesting because you think it would be the other way round.

Thaliel

The additions are not as numerous as I expected. Everything new ties in very well with the rest. But is it just me or did the second drop become lower? I somehow remember it going deeper down and at a faster speed
<-Plz click