Hotels to stay nearby before visiting DLP

Started by haribosmum, July 20, 2016, 09:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

Hi all,  it's time to think about my 2017 visit.  We were planning to go October but now considering the last week of august (29th Aug - 2nd Sept).  We've decided to drive this year as last visit was a pain getting everything back on the last day on Eurostar so we're going to stay nearby.  Initially this was going to be for just one night but I'm now thinking of choosing a hotel nearby to stay 3 nights - Sat, Sun & Mon and go into Paris for a day, visit Val d'europe & aquarium and just have a little bit of a relax before hitting the parks.

I would like somewhere with swimming pool and have looked at the explorers hotel and dream castle, just wondering if there is anywhere else people recommend.  Also is it easy to get into paris by train for the day, anyone know if reduced service on a sunday like it is in the UK?

Thanks
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

juttawdw

Those hotels are great.
And easy to go by bus to Disney and than by RER to Paris which don't have a reduced schedule on sunday.
Val d'europe shopping mall and outlet will be closed on sunday, the aquarium will be open even as the restaurants.
In Explorer hotels men and boys need to wear speedos in the pools not in the Dream castle.
Magic Circus is also a nice hotel it is next to Dream Castle.

twentythingamabobs

Just had a little panic there about the Val d'europe being closed on a Sunday - is this a recent thing? As their website is showing opening hours on Sunday for both Boutiques and the Auchan

never2old

The Val d'Europe shopping center now opens on Sundays (they didn't use to)  :D

juttawdw

Sorry to panic you, didn't know  that last june it was still closed on sundays.

never2old

Quote from: juttawdw on July 20, 2016, 10:48:23 AM

Yes, it's a recent change  :D Last time we went it was also closed. They've changed their category or something, they're now considered a tourist destination (or something like that) so they're allowed to open Sundays

haribosmum

Thanks for the info.  Good tip about the speedo swim shorts, I had read about that just wasn't sure which hotels.  The explorers looks good for the kids but depends how much use of the waterpark we'd get.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: never2old on July 20, 2016, 11:45:31 AM
Quote from: juttawdw on July 20, 2016, 10:48:23 AM

Yes, it's a recent change  :D Last time we went it was also closed. They've changed their category or something, they're now considered a tourist destination (or something like that) so they're allowed to open Sundays

Phew! Sorry to sound so dramatic  :-[ but we have extended our holiday by a day so we could arrive later on our first day and just wander round the Mall, get our grocercies in and get something to eat! Didn't even think to check whether it was open on Sundays first  :-\

juttawdw

This will be our 42nd trip and a first val d'europe will de open on a sunday.

Look at explorer website itself it is often cheaper than expedia or that kind of sites.
You can use RG20 discount code at the explorer website it gives 20% discount.

haribosmum

We've booked the magic circus, though only for 1 night at the moment.  Might change our plans a bit closer (I have free cancellation).
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

Quote from: haribosmum on November 04, 2016, 04:56:02 PM
We've booked the magic circus, though only for 1 night at the moment.  Might change our plans a bit closer (I have free cancellation).

Good idea, that's also what I do.... Sometimes you get great prices!! The Magic Circus is a nice hotel, we've stayed there a few times and never had any complaints. The pool is not as fun as in the Explorers, but it's nice and quiet (at least it was for us, we were there in the afternoon and were completely alone!)

haribosmum

Does the Magic circus have the same pool rules about Mens swim trunks as Explorers?  (I've read must be speedo which is quite common in France).  I did prefer the look of the swimming pool at Explorers but seem to have better reviews about rooms/breakfast at Magic circus.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20