What an amazing trip

Started by MrsRoachy, June 08, 2016, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

We returned from our trip in the early hours of Sunday morning and had an absolutely amazing time! The kids didn't know we were going, they thought we were going to stay in a caravan! Imagine their faces when we managed to get them into the hotel before they say anything Disney related! We stayed at Newport Bay which was lovely. Didn't have a great view from the room but in all fairness we didn't spend much time in there!

The extra magic hours were great for meeting the few characters that came out, not too many queues and plenty of time to go on the open rides.

All the girls wanted to do was meet the princesses. We noticed on the first day that by 8.30 there was a queue forming in front of the princess pavilion, mainly made up of men. We decided to join the queue and ended up leaving my husband there while riding on dumbo and the mad hatters tea cups a few times. We were still waiting ages until meeting Ariel and didn't get out until 11 o'clock. The next morning we went in, met Donald and then joined the queue by 8.10 and were 3rd from front. This time we met Cinderella and were out by 1015 so although we had to be there a bit earlier we still waited less time. It's definitely something I would do when we go again.

We mainly ate from set menus as it was easy with the fussy kids! When we go again we will probably try a couple,of buffets as we badly missed salad and veg, there's only so many burgers and chips you can eat! Our favourite place to eat was Chez Remy, lovely food, lovely staff and excellent theming throughout. The Lucky Nugget is a brilliant place. We ate there twice as the kids loved the puppet shows and the country singing. The staff were lovely there too and joined in with the entertainment. It was pretty quiet both times we went there too so not sure if people knew what it was like inside but we loved it.

It goes without saying the rides were great. I think Ratatoullie and Crush were my favourite. I'd have liked to have gone on Pirates of the Caribean, Indiana Jones and Space Mountain but with the kids it just didn't happen.

The parade was amazing as was Dreams.

We had a lovely time and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here. Although I'm quite new to the forum and haven't posted a lot I have read a lot of posts and got a lot of useful information with definitely helped.

I know my trip report isn't as detailed as others but I'm not good at these things! I will leave you with a couple of photos from our trip.

Perhaps my next report will be better as tonight we have booked to revisit at Easter!!! Eeeek, so excited!

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrsRoachy

MrsRoachy

daddyof2

Thanks for the report, don't worry about the detail. Those of us with small children know what you mean about "missing" some of the bigger rides

billy

sounds like you had a great time, we would have loved to have gone to lucky nugget but we ran out of time...lol i want to go back but my hubby's not having it!! he says 3 disney trips is enough for him so i love reading other peoples reports! thank you.

Zee79

Quote from: billy on June 08, 2016, 10:28:03 AM
sounds like you had a great time, we would have loved to have gone to lucky nugget but we ran out of time...lol i want to go back but my hubby's not having it!! he says 3 disney trips is enough for him so i love reading other peoples reports! thank you.

Any chance you returning without your hubby haha I also threatened with mine because he kept saying no so one year I went with the kids without him, had an amazing time , except for the travel home but that was due to the weather and he now agrees to come with us plus I've told him he still going to pay for us whether he comes or not  :) he prefers walking & sight seeing holidays where as me & the kids prefer Disney or sunbathing holidays with a little bit of sight seeing.

Zee79

MrsRoachy sometimes there just isn't enough time to do everything you want whether you have small kids or not, you are having so much fun doing other things. Just make a plan for your next time as to what you really want to do, try do them asap then go with the flow, it's what we normally do.
I think there was enough detail in your report, you don't always need lots of information.

MrsRoachy

I think next year we will get on more of the 'bigger' rides as the kids will be another year older. Having said that Its not about me doing the big rides it's about them having a fun and magical time so if that means me going on the mad hatters teacups another 10 times then so be it!!

Zee79

You are braver than me haha I'd rather do the big rides than the tea cups! In 24yrs I've never been on them & the kids have always known I would never go on, don't do spinny rides  :)
When we go we have always done everyone gets to choose 1 ride they want to go on then the kids get to choose the rest. They've even chosen the restaurants we are eating our evening meals in this year so they think it's great.

perrollaz

Oh wow whata lovely report, I truly can imagine their faces when they realized where you are. It seems you had perfect magical stay. Makes me want to go back too  ;)

billy

I'd happily take the kids on their own Zee but they need my hubby to go on the rides with them as I don't rides, I do meet and greets! lol

Vikkilou

How does the lucky nugget work pls? Are there set times to go in for the shows or do u just go in ?
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

MrsRoachy

Quote from: Vikkilou on June 10, 2016, 06:56:53 PM
How does the lucky nugget work pls? Are there set times to go in for the shows or do u just go in ?

The shows are on repeat through the day. We ate at different times and saw 2 of the puppet shows and 2 different bands. I'm assuming there are different bands in different days too. You get given a menu as you walk in and order and pay on the door. You are then shown to a table where your waiter comes over and takes your receipt and comes back with your drinks and meals. Your soft drinks are unlimited too so we had a few of them to quench our thirst! There is a compère type person on the stage between acts and helping with the puppet shows and they get people involved, hand clapping, foot stomping etc. We will definitely go back when we return at Easter

Vikkilou

Thanks for getting back to me.   It sounds fab  really want to fit it in. 
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

dlpowl

Glad you had a great time!

Don't worry about taking the kids on Pirates of the Carribbean though, it's fine for kids!  Minimum age is 1 and I took my daughter on it when she was 14 months old. 

I'm glad Chez Remy was good for you because I know some people have had bad experiences there and I'm nervous because we are eating there for the first time on our next trip so you've made me feel better about that!  Thanks!

Have fun planning your next visit. x