Lucky nugget

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, April 26, 2016, 05:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok, we've never eaten here and since hearing about the new woody puppet show I'm thinking it could be a good bet for my son!

He has cerebral palsy plus autism which really affects him especially in chaotic restaurants he's super-fussy too and we really struggle with long waits at some of our favourite restaurants (he doesn't like buffets as always pretty busy) we generally try and eat around 2-3pm hoping it's a little quieter than the normal 5-6pm dinner time.

I've looked at the menus and see there's fish and chips which he'd certainly eat, just wondering if any of you have eaten here is the wait for food long? We are at silver spur steakhouse on our last trip and although the food was superb with an hour and half wait it was a nightmare.

We are just trying to plan ahead in the hope we can keep him as calm as possible at mealtimes we take snacks for the rest of the day and have breakfast at 7am at the hotel any help would be fantastic  :)

Samanthad

We ate there in March, service was quite quick. You order and pay for your food at the entrance and then you are seated and they bring your food out to you. We had the burgers and thought they were delicious!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

disneymagic006

This was one if our favourite places to eat on our trip last year. Ordered as we went in for our party (11 of us!), all got sat together near the stage, drinks straight away, food in about 20 minutes. Delicious food and there was something for all of us.

Added bonus was that there was a live band on stage singing country music and getting the crowd clapping along. It's quite exciting to think that they are going to involve character's again in the lucky nugget. I think it will only enhance the place further.

My worry is that they will hike up the price to eat here though. Currently really reasonable priced compared to the other table service restaurants.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Samanthad on April 26, 2016, 07:00:07 PM
We ate there in March, service was quite quick. You order and pay for your food at the entrance and then you are seated and they bring your food out to you. We had the burgers and thought they were delicious!!

Yes I'd like to try both the burger and fish and chips haha! If it's quick and he copes ok we'll probably do it twice  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: disneymagic006 on April 26, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
This was one if our favourite places to eat on our trip last year. Ordered as we went in for our party (11 of us!), all got sat together near the stage, drinks straight away, food in about 20 minutes. Delicious food and there was something for all of us.

Added bonus was that there was a live band on stage singing country music and getting the crowd clapping along. It's quite exciting to think that they are going to involve character's again in the lucky nugget. I think it will only enhance the place further.

My worry is that they will hike up the price to eat here though. Currently really reasonable priced compared to the other table service restaurants.

Yes I too thought that as I'm sure many others have too I can see the new show attracting many families with kids who love you story and hence possibly a price hike? 20mins is pretty fast considering the size of your party so that's promising there's only the 4 of us going this time round. I'm glad you too also rate the food that's 2 happy customers I've heard of so I defiantly think we shall give it a whirl! Thanks  ;D

NHDisneylover

Our party of three had food on the table about 10 minutes after we sat down (and drinks before that).  It seems to us that the majority of wait time, if any, is in line to be let in and in line to order--once you are seated things move along quickly. 

e tend to eat lunch later (like you mentioned) so, lacking a line of people waiting for tables--the waitstaff asked if e anted our dessert right away or preferred to relax a bit first--which as nice. 

I enjoy it, and it is less expensive than other table service, but it is also counter service quality so it ought to be the lower price, 

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: NHDisneylover on April 27, 2016, 01:45:24 PM
Our party of three had food on the table about 10 minutes after we sat down (and drinks before that).  It seems to us that the majority of wait time, if any, is in line to be let in and in line to order--once you are seated things move along quickly. 

e tend to eat lunch later (like you mentioned) so, lacking a line of people waiting for tables--the waitstaff asked if e anted our dessert right away or preferred to relax a bit first--which as nice. 

I enjoy it, and it is less expensive than other table service, but it is also counter service quality so it ought to be the lower price,

Thank you for more reassuring comments my son will be happy with quick service like that, I however prefer to take my time with a meal but with him its get in wat and go  :-* it'll be more pleasant without meltdowns and throwing things which is what he does when he gets frustrate waiting... I can't wait now thanks again