Mickey and the Magician - new show replaces Animagique

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, March 18, 2016, 09:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

Mickey's opening line is something along the lines of "Bonjour mes amies, je m'appelle Mickey et je suis un magicien." Its honestly basic French. If you could watch an episode of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" or "Peppa Pig" in French and roughly understand whats going on, I'm sure you'll be fine ::) ;D

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: RefusingToGrowUp on July 13, 2016, 10:06:47 PM
If it's only Mickey and the Magician speaking French, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to keep up with? I mean, the parks are in France after all, you'd expect there to be some French :D Either ways, it looks like an awesome show, can't wait till I get to go see it!
I expect shows to have both English and French performances.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: samuelvictor on July 15, 2016, 05:59:26 PM
Mickey's opening line is something along the lines of "Bonjour mes amies, je m'appelle Mickey et je suis un magicien." Its honestly basic French. If you could watch an episode of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" or "Peppa Pig" in French and roughly understand whats going on, I'm sure you'll be fine ::) ;D
The only word I know there is 'bonjour' (hello).

dazzle_v2003

After watching this amazing show a few times do not let the language barrier put you off seeing it. I know very basic french but I understood everything that was happening in the show.

The majority of the show is in English with Mickey the only character who speaks French throughout At critical points in the show Mickey will also say the lines in English. All other characters and songs are in English with any critical lines to the story also said in French too. The theme song Let The Magic Shine is a 50/50 split of French and English.

Disneyland Paris should be very proud of this show as it is the perfect Disney musical show. It has everything you need great characters, songs, scenery and impressive magic. It's a must see for all guests!

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on July 17, 2016, 01:24:58 AM
The majority of the show is in English with Mickey the only character who speaks French throughout At critical points in the show Mickey will also say the lines in English. All other characters and songs are in English with any critical lines to the story also said in French too. The theme song Let The Magic Shine is a 50/50 split of French and English.

Sounds stupid when it would be much easier for them to put on an English show and a French show rather than trying to combine them.

polar vixen

it works well for dreams and if they were to have a full English abd a full French performance they would probably need two sets of cast  members .

samuelvictor

Disneyland Paris should be very proud of this show as it is the perfect Disney musical show. It has everything you need great characters, songs, scenery and impressive magic. It's a must see for all guests!
That's great, can't wait to watch it properly in person. Glad you enjoyed it :)

whatsupanders

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 17, 2016, 10:20:48 AM

Sounds stupid when it would be much easier for them to put on an English show and a French show rather than trying to combine them.

This way they can max out the amount of people attending each show. Maybe you might learn a word or two in French as well. Not a bad thing to know. :)

mickey1980

I like the bilingual announcements and shows. It has it's charme.

Also, it's DLP not DLUK  ;D
You Brits are lucky 1 out of 3 people of the worlds population has some basic knowledge of your language. That being said, just because most people abroad understand you, doesn't mean you shouldn't make an effort in learning their language when you visit their country  ;)
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mickey1980 on July 17, 2016, 10:45:50 PM

You Brits are lucky 1 out of 3 people of the worlds population has some basic knowledge of your language. That being said, just because most people abroad understand you, doesn't mean you shouldn't make an effort in learning their language when you visit their country  ;)
English is still more common than French.

whatsupanders

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 19, 2016, 11:28:25 AM
Quote from: mickey1980 on July 17, 2016, 10:45:50 PM

English is still more common than French.

Not in France.

Rocketeer

I don't have an issue with the show being in FrAnglais rather that have dual performances. Besides, if there's are separate English and French shows, should there not be Dutch and German, Spanish and Italian? (a la the Tram Tour). One reason why not (other than cost and the logistics) is that you'd end up with only two shows a day in each language.

Not great if you've got plans for other attractions. Then again, this is WDS, so it's not like your whole day will be taken up with attractions.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 20, 2016, 05:10:26 PM
Besides, if there's are separate English and French shows, should there not be Dutch and German, Spanish and Italian? (a la the Tram Tour).
Nope, because English is a universal language whereas Dutch, German, Spanish and Italian are not
QuoteOne reason why not (other than cost and the logistics) is that you'd end up with only two shows a day in each language.
A better scenario in my view.

RefusingToGrowUp

But.... the park is in France? If it was in the UK then yeah, an all-English production is standard. I don't really like the idea of us Brits going over and demanding they cater to us, when a dual-language show works fine, especially when the majority is in English anyways? And like a few others have said, if they had to do an all English show, it would only be fair to do one in virtually every other commonly spoken European language. Considering the amount of effort a show like this takes to put on, I think asking for like 5 productions a day is a bit much.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: RefusingToGrowUp on July 22, 2016, 07:59:41 PM
But.... the park is in France? If it was in the UK then yeah, an all-English production is standard. I don't really like the idea of us Brits going over and demanding they cater to us, when a dual-language show works fine, especially when the majority is in English anyways? And like a few others have said, if they had to do an all English show, it would only be fair to do one in virtually every other commonly spoken European language. Considering the amount of effort a show like this takes to put on, I think asking for like 5 productions a day is a bit much.
English isn't just spoken by those of us in the UK too though. It is the most widely recognised language.