Mickey and the Magician - new show replaces Animagique

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, March 18, 2016, 09:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindavdende

I meant French three times a day and english three times a day. So no third language 😄

MattR

Should have read more carefully.

fiyero

I have just noticed they have updated the parades and shows schedule and there are only 2 performances of Mickey and the Magician a day, I'm sure it was more when I looked before. Does anyone know if they will be increasing the schedule as that would make it very difficult to see the show and Disneyland parade in the same day.

dlpowl

2 per day?   That's nowhere near enough, surely?  People are going to be forced to start queuing ridiculously early then in that case. *sigh*  ???

I haven't seen the show (apart from the first 5 minutes on YouTube) but can anybody think why they would only be doing it twice a day?  That just seems so stingy! 

MattR

It looks like al lot of artists are involved in the show and I guess they are also involved in some other performances.

samuelvictor

The show looks good, though personally I prefer Animagique - I'm a sucker for puppets and blacklight... still, it clearly has had a lot of effort put in, great sets, loits of variety.

It clearly requires a lot more cast members/actor/dancers than Animagique did - and also it appears that the majoirty of people are signing live rather than just having a recorded soundtrack - I have a feeling both of these will contribute to the show being less frequent than Animagique was.

As for Mickey speaking French, both Mickey and the Magician speak very basic French and its easy to understand what they are saying. Other characters (for example the Genie and the Fairy Godmother) speak in English.

The problem with the show being less frequent is that the Studioos Park is already pretty crowded and has overly long queues for certain attractions as it is... Animgique was good at keeping hundreds of people busy at a time, so unfortunately this show being less frequent may exaserbate the problem. Also as others have pointed out there may be big queues and waits for the show itself...

I don't want to be overly negative though - it looks like a really nice show and I can't wait to experience it properly live :) Great to have a new addition to the park - especially one that has clearly had so much thought, care and effort gone into it.  8)

fiyero

I am sure that originally the programme said 2 performances on the 2nd only then more (I think 4 but at least 3).

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: samuelvictor on July 05, 2016, 08:54:28 AM
As for Mickey speaking French, both Mickey and the Magician speak very basic French and its easy to understand what they are saying. Other characters (for example the Genie and the Fairy Godmother) speak in English.

I watched a video of it and couldn't understand anything in french that was being said. It's ridiculous if Disneyland Paris are going to stop catering towards their English visitors.

msRavenswood

According to DisneylandBerry on Twitter the show will be played twice a day from July 4 to July 8 (included) and that's due to the fact that they are fine tuning the show so the illusion of the magic doesn't get spoiled from any seat in the theater.

dlpowl

I've got an A in French and I couldn't understand a great deal of what was said either, although the audio wasn't great so I'd probably understand a lot more if I was there in person.  However, my husband and kids will be completely lost as their French vocabulary is non existent.  I really do hope they consider doing an English version.

My husband made a point today that they may just be doing 2 shows at the moment to settle the show in, iron out any creases, and also, maybe they need to train more cast members up?   Maybe they've only worked with one or two sets of performers at the moment and will be looking to train up more cast members over the next month or so, to enable them to put more performances on?  That would make sense. 

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 05, 2016, 04:38:06 PM
According to DisneylandBerry on Twitter the show will be played twice a day from July 4 to July 8 (included) and that's due to the fact that they are fine tuning the show so the illusion of the magic doesn't get spoiled from any seat in the theater.
Hopefully they'll finetune it so there's a completely English version too.

msRavenswood

As of today, the show is on 5 times a day (10h30, 11h35, 12h40, 15h10 and 16h15).

dlpowl

samuelvictor

Yes that's great news, thanks MsRavenswood  ;D 8)

RefusingToGrowUp

If it's only Mickey and the Magician speaking French, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to keep up with? I mean, the parks are in France after all, you'd expect there to be some French :D Either ways, it looks like an awesome show, can't wait till I get to go see it!