Free Hot drinks in the park?

Started by Leopold, February 03, 2016, 07:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopold

Are you able to get free Hot drinks in the parks if you have a recipe of some sort?
Can anyone please advise?
Thanks

caspdex

DisneyGagaChick

nathalie

They used to, between certain hours in certain places.
You'd get a reciept for it, when buying food/a meal at the park.

But as caspdex said, not anymore.

Leopold

In that case I'll cancel my trip. Never mind thanks for the response guys.

stifle

Cancelling your trip because you won't get free hot drinks? That's an interesting reason.

billy

we get a free hot drink and snack between 3pm and 5pm each day it comes as part of our menu pack.
If this is what you are referring to?

nathalie

Quote from: stifle on February 03, 2016, 09:04:29 PM
Cancelling your trip because you won't get free hot drinks? That's an interesting reason.

Maybe sarcastic response?  But yeah ... odd, haha

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: billy on February 04, 2016, 09:41:42 AM
we get a free hot drink and snack between 3pm and 5pm each day it comes as part of our menu pack.
If this is what you are referring to?

no this is different.
The offer Leopold is referring to was for cash payments and applied to everyone. For example the last time I was in DLP in December 2013, I had lunch at Blockbuster Cafe in the Studios. At the end of the till receipt was a voucher for a hot drink, which could be redeemed between a certain time in various locations.

The idea behind those type of vouchers is to increase footfall during quiet times of the day and to increase customer spend, the idea being that you  go in and redeem the free hot drink, which has a low profit margin and then buy a cake or sandwich which has a high profit margin.

Disney probably stopped those vouchers as people were only getting the free drink and not buying anything extra.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Leopold

Quote from: nathalie on February 04, 2016, 10:50:15 AM
Quote from: stifle on February 03, 2016, 09:04:29 PM

Maybe sarcastic response?  But yeah ... odd, haha

He he yes I was being a tad sarcastic. Why would I cancel lol. I don't even like coffee to be honest.

I'm staying in the Sequoia Lodge in a Golden Forest room and you can get free hot and cold beverages in the lounge. I was talking about taking those out.

You guys make me chuckle.

stifle

I also got thrown by your reference to a "recipe" until I realised it was a typo for "receipt".