a little advice needed

Started by disneybound, January 28, 2016, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneybound

I am trying to talk my husband into going to DLP with our 2 children. DD 5 DS . He doesn't like crowds and he doesn't like long waiting times. So I have a few questions.

1. We have 2 times to choose from. November 22-24 which is during the week. or January 3-5 which is also during the week. Both are Christmas season.

2. I am trying to save money also. I am booking online on the german site. It comes with halfboard plus. We are going to do dinner with princesses, buffalo bill show, and inventions. plus im sure we would eat lunch and what not also. To stay at Seqoiua is 753..... euro. We would obviously have to pay the difference which when I called was 80 euro per person. If we stayed the Disney hotel, we would pay 1250 something. So regardless, its safe to say with shows, staying at the sequoia we would be paying about the same. So is it worth to argue that with my husband? Should I do it that way? We have never been to Disneyland and my daughter is wanting to go soooo bad! PLEase help

3. If we decide with Disney hotel, right now the .de website is offering halfboard premium with the plan. its asking if I want fullboard premium for an extra 256 euro. Am I already getting 2 coupons or 1? because its saying if I click the box it says I will pay 256 for a total of 3 coupons per night ber person...... if im already getting 2 I don't need the 3rd.

polar vixen

I can understand you desperately to go however....... unless I've read it wrong the prices you have for just 2 nights seem pretty high to me.  for example our last room at Newport bay club for 4 nights  with 3 adults and a 10 year old (so no fre child places or anything) and with free plus dining plan during Christmas season cost us 800 euro - if it's your first visit I'd try to go a little longer so you can see everything.  have a great time!  and sticking with midweek is a fantastic idea.  we went early dec last year and it was fairly quiet.  if he really hates

stifle

Quote from: disneybound on January 28, 2016, 08:54:21 PM
I am trying to talk my husband into going to DLP with our 2 children. DD 5 DS . He doesn't like crowds and he doesn't like long waiting times. So I have a few questions.

1. We have 2 times to choose from. November 22-24 which is during the week. or January 3-5 which is also during the week. Both are Christmas season.
That isn't a question :)

November 22-24 will be both cheaper and quieter as January 3-5 is during the Christmas holidays. It wasn't clear whether either of your children are at school but you would be liable for a £120 fine if you took them out then.

Quote from: disneybound on January 28, 2016, 08:54:21 PM2. I am trying to save money also. I am booking online on the german site. It comes with halfboard plus. We are going to do dinner with princesses, buffalo bill show, and inventions. plus im sure we would eat lunch and what not also. To stay at Seqoiua is 753..... euro. We would obviously have to pay the difference which when I called was 80 euro per person. If we stayed the Disney hotel, we would pay 1250 something. So regardless, its safe to say with shows, staying at the sequoia we would be paying about the same. So is it worth to argue that with my husband? Should I do it that way? We have never been to Disneyland and my daughter is wanting to go soooo bad! PLEase help
It's a bit hard to follow what you're saying but no restaurant other than California Grill costs more than €80 per guest so I think there might have been something lost in translation there on the supplements.

Supplements from half board plus are as follows, in euro, per adult/child guest:

• Auberge de Cendrillon 34/22
  • Buffalo Bill 19/25
  • Inventions 22/14 (extra for Sunday brunch)

Quote from: disneybound on January 28, 2016, 08:54:21 PM3. If we decide with Disney hotel, right now the .de website is offering halfboard premium with the plan. its asking if I want fullboard premium for an extra 256 euro. Am I already getting 2 coupons or 1? because its saying if I click the box it says I will pay 256 for a total of 3 coupons per night ber person...... if im already getting 2 I don't need the 3rd.
Half board is 1 coupon per night per guest, full board is 2. Both half and full board premium coupons are each valid for any restaurant at all (set menu only at California Grill and Bistrot Chez Rémy). Two nights is about as much as I would do full-board for, because otherwise you are liable to burst. But you could do, for example:

• Day 1 arrive, dinner California Grill
  • Day 2 lunch Auberge de Cendrillon, dinner Buffalo Bill
  • Day 3 lunch Inventions
I had full board plus a couple of years ago and found it heavy going the day I used two vouchers, lunch was Bistrot Chez Rémy and dinner at Parkside Diner. And then there was the Pause Gourmande which was more food!

If the offer you have is kids go free as well as free half board, and your youngest is under 3, consider declaring his age as 3 so that you get meal coupons for him :) Otherwise whilst he will eat free at buffets, at table service restaurants you'll need to pay for something for him unless he shares from one of the adult's plates.

01wdw04

I was there the 2nd-4th January this year so can vouch for that time.

* It was still the Christmas season, but much quieter as it was just after New Years, and all the local kids were going back to school on the Monday. You get all the Christmassy fun, without all the crowds, and also potentially without such a high price.
* Check very carefully on the calendar, depending on your availability, as by moving the trip only 1 or 2 days, you could save a lot (or spend that money on extra things like the shows!). In my case, the Thursday was New Year's Eve so Thursday + Friday were super expensive, the Saturday was peak weekend prices, and the Monday was low season. Might not be the same next year depending on what day Christmas + New Years are, but if you are at all flexible, see what's possible.

* The weather is unpredictable, but that'll be equally true for late November. Sunday it rained all day long, which was fairly grim, especially as we had friends with us just for that day. Plodding around all day in the rain is very disheartening. The next day it was completely clear all day.
DLP - 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2012 x2, 2013
WDW - 2001, 2004
Tokyo - 20?? (tbc)