Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericsake

Congrats mrl!!!

I was in the Athens session as well,though i guess u could hardly know who i am lol:P

Anyways, i opted for the 8month contract,hope there will be a vacant position for me at that time,coz i really wanna stay in Paris for a long time :)))

By the way,whom of the three did u interview with?

MickeyMouse11

Don't know if this fits here or not but I'm unsure where to post this :)
I'm ringing DLP on monday to confirm that I want the Christmas job (yay!), but when will I know which residence I'll be in? and also what about getting to the parks? is there a shuttle bus or something? also food wise (while in the residence) is there a supermarket near by, or is there like a cafeteria in the residence? just so I can plan ahead (money wise) thanks
Jess :)
I Do Believe In Fairies <3

marilynh

Quote from: "MickeyMouse11"Don't know if this fits here or not but I'm unsure where to post this :)
I'm ringing DLP on monday to confirm that I want the Christmas job (yay!), but when will I know which residence I'll be in? and also what about getting to the parks? is there a shuttle bus or something? also food wise (while in the residence) is there a supermarket near by, or is there like a cafeteria in the residence? just so I can plan ahead (money wise) thanks
Jess :)

When I worked for DLP in the summer I didn't find out which residence I was in until I arrived. With regards to getting to the park there is a public bus which you pay for and DLP will reimburse you 75%. Food wise there is a large supermarket near by and there are cafeterias in the Disney park for cast members.

I'll be working for Disney at Christmas too =] I hope what I said is helpful

MickeyMouse11

hello, Jess again :P

Just wondering, is anyone else working on attractions, and if so, do you think Doc Martens (with steel toe caps) would be acceptable work shoes? as i don't want to buy them then get told when i arrive that they are not right.
Merci, thank you!
I Do Believe In Fairies <3

ericsake

Hi again!

Could somebody send me a link through which I can communicate with the casting centre?or their email anyway :)

Thanks in advance!

katieandthebeast

Quote from: "WendyDarling"
Quote from: "katieandthebeast"I received my contract today! Haven't received an e-mail though, so still a little confused about what's going on. For short contracts (1 week), are you entitled to accommodation on site?

You got the contract in the post but you didn't get the email yet? That's strange. I've got the email but just waiting on the contract! Yes we get the cast member accommodation, it's €10 per night.  Do you know what you're doing?? Loads of people seem to know, but all I know is I'm in a shop.... that's all. Dying to find out!!

Do you know where you are posted yet? I know i'm in a shop in Walt Disney Studios but don't know anything other than that. What date are you due to arrive?

Ragne

Heya!

I was wondering if anyone went to the London recruitment event last month and got through? I got my email about the Talent Pool but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything else already? I applied for the six month contract with the new scheme where you'll be able to get a language course as well and as they said, people need to be available to start in February or March the latest. So I'm wondering how strict they are about the 2 month notification? I have to attend a wedding in Australia in mid January and haven't booked my ticket back as I'd like to hear from Disney before and then be back in Europe on time.
What are your experiences guys with the time spent in the Talent Pool and how quickly did you get to actually working there?
As I'm new to this site, I'd really appreciate any information you could give me :D

Thanks!
Ragne

_Natalie_x

Heeey! Just wondering if anyones coming over to work for christmas?? :D

hope everyones alright x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

rebecca

I am (;

smallblonde

Heya everyone...I have not been on this forum in AGES (literally years).
Basically, I auditioned in Leeds in march 2011 for character and parade, and in July 2011 I got the call and went out for summer 2011 and worked as character only.
From my audition experience... id say over 200 people were at the audition, over 50 got put on the books, and only FIVE of us got to disneyland paris. So as you can tell, it is very difficult and it is doesnt matter how good you are as a dancer/ animator...disney is totally based on Height for character and parade. So dont worry too much, as it all depends if you fall into the height category for what they are looking for. As i said...only five of us from the audition got to go to Disney, so GOOD LUCK to everyone and don't give up!!
xxx

_Natalie_x

@rebecca
No one cares.

Go and get your super awesome roommate shes the bomb. (y)
Here we are... <3[/b]

rebecca

My roommate is a pain tbh, she's not even excited about Christmas.

WendyDarling

Quote from: "katieandthebeast"
Quote from: "WendyDarling"
Quote from: "katieandthebeast"I received my contract today! Haven't received an e-mail though, so still a little confused about what's going on. For short contracts (1 week), are you entitled to accommodation on site?

You got the contract in the post but you didn't get the email yet? That's strange. I've got the email but just waiting on the contract! Yes we get the cast member accommodation, it's €10 per night.  Do you know what you're doing?? Loads of people seem to know, but all I know is I'm in a shop.... that's all. Dying to find out!!

Do you know where you are posted yet? I know i'm in a shop in Walt Disney Studios but don't know anything other than that. What date are you due to arrive?
Hi sorry for the late reply, I hadn't been on this site in ages. I arrive on Friday. I don't know what shop I'm in, but I'll find out soon enough. I'm so excited, there are no words!!! :D

_Natalie_x

Rebecca im gonna christmas so hard on you on that morning that you're gonna be so mad :p
do you even want a xmas morning sangria cuz you're not going the right way about it!!!!!!!!! ;)
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

@wendydarling let us know as soon as you know your shop!!!  im on main street :D we arrive thursday. x
Here we are... <3[/b]