Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarajanelovesshoes

Quote from: "Cendrillon"I was under the impression that a CDI was 'indéterminé', meaning that there is no end date? Maybe someone could correct me!

when I looked on the Disney casting website it said that CDI's normally last 2-8 months..

tarajanelovesshoes

Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"
Quote from: "Cendrillon"I was under the impression that a CDI was 'indéterminé', meaning that there is no end date? Maybe someone could correct me!

when I looked on the Disney casting website it said that CDI's normally last 2-8 months..

actually no I am wrong, that is the CDD. Hmm this could be a problem. silly me!

tarajanelovesshoes

does anybody know if there is opportunity to stay on working for longer if you choose a CDI? For example if it's supposed to finish 30/09/12 could you continue to work until jan/feb?

wano

Quote from: "Deirdre"
Quote from: "stephaniedisney"Guys, I have a question for those who have received their emails for contracts from May or June, to September 30.
Did you give them your availability until the end of September, especially those of you who will have to skip their first weeks of uni? (I'm scared now, because I'm Spanish and I will also have to skip classes if they send me a similar contract). Thanks in advance!

I put down availability until mid September, but It's no huge inconvenience missing the first week or two of uni, nothing's ever done then and seeing as I'm doing French in college I'll probably learn way more in Disney!!
Only major problem I have is if I have to repeat an exam or two in August :/ Anyone know if it would be possible to fly home for 2 or 3 days? :(

hey yeah I might be the same might have to do repeats in August too Im sure we could fly back for two days , Like we cant have been the first people to have to go home for repeats working over there?

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "NaeBad"Well done everyone who received a contract today!  I'm now on tenterhooks about getting an email!  From what I can gather, the majority of contracts given out today have been for the boutiques etc.  I'm desperately hoping this means that they are still to contact people about restaurant/server jobs.  I'd rather work in a restaurant than a shop because I've got lots of restaurant and bar experience.  Has anyone else noticed that this seems to be the case too, or is it just me ;o?!

hmmm i think you could be right here! i was at the same interview as tobz12345tobz and i haven't heard anything! slightly worried if that's what they have in mind for me though, not quite certain my french is good enough for a restaurant!

i don't think we should give up though guys, i mean surely they'd contact us even if they hadn't found a contract for us? sighhh.  this week is gonna be so long!

also to people talking about flying home to resit exams in august, i was wondering about that too as i kinda need to come home for results day!

tobz12345tobz

Quote from: "sineadlemonade"hmmm i think you could be right here! i was at the same interview as tobz12345tobz and i haven't heard anything! slightly worried if that's what they have in mind for me though, not quite certain my french is good enough for a restaurant!

My ears are burning  ;)

Are there any guys on here going for shop jobs? Just to know people before i go :)
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
–Walt Disney

Deirdre

Quote from: "tobz12345tobz"
Quote from: "sineadlemonade"hmmm i think you could be right here! i was at the same interview as tobz12345tobz and i haven't heard anything! slightly worried if that's what they have in mind for me though, not quite certain my french is good enough for a restaurant!

My ears are burning  ;)

Are there any guys on here going for shop jobs? Just to know people before i go :)

I got an email for a shop job :) It would be great to know people! Have you accepted it yet? I must ring on Monday.

peft

Hello people!!! Just got an offer yesterday for a contract as "vendeur boutique" and I was wondering if there are any guys from Greece who have got an offer too. Good luck to everyone who hasn't got an offer yet. As for the rest of you, see you in Paris!!!

hadarw

Hey Everybody :-)
Is there anyone whos coming to the Paris audition at May 30?

Tink_22

Gosh, so much has been going on !

Congrats to those who have a contract, we envy you in the Talent Pool  :(

You're right, CDI is "Contrat à Durée Indéterminée" which means the contract has no fixed end date. You only end a CDI if you quit or are fired.

Desperately hoping to get a contract...

vmmm

Quote from: "peft"Hello people!!! Just got an offer yesterday for a contract as "vendeur boutique" and I was wondering if there are any guys from Greece who have got an offer too. Good luck to everyone who hasn't got an offer yet. As for the rest of you, see you in Paris!!!
Hey I've got a question you've got an offer since when ? When you will start work ?

Deirdre

Quick question, regarding transport I know Disney comp around 75% of the cost to work and the residences but do you know if this also applies to getting in and out of the city centre?

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Maxime"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Yeaaah! Where you from?

I'm from the Netherlands and you?

Well...ME TOO!   :D/
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Congrats everyone on the operational roles contracts!  :mrgreen:
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

DisneyHolli

im still on the waiting list :( i have been since April 4th ! x Im waiting as a character performer ( only) , any one else had any luck with this position? i know waiting can be long, but sometimes they actually do contact you really late after your audition, i know of this one person who got called 5 months after her audition, went out as a character performer, and then got trained and become a character AND parade performer x ! There is HOPE OUT THERE <3
Feel really lost in the this sea of "waiting list" performers x there must be 400+ now , after all the auditions in Europe !

<3 "Almost there "