Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

HI Georgie!  Welcome to the forum :)

Where did you audition?  Congrats on getting onto the waiting list!!  :D

GeorgieGirl

Thanks :D :D I auditioned at Move it in london, was a VERY early start haha!

fabmoolah

Hi all, I recently passed the Skype interview last week for an operations position and am now waiting in the talent pool for a contract come summer, is anyone else in a similar position; I'd love to hear your experiences!

laura:)

Quote from: "Astya"@Laura

Is it max 2 months before you can start that you should audition? Just seen that there will be auditions in Leeds at the beginning of April, but I wouldn't want to start til September...

@Astya I'm not sure about that. When you are at the auditions you fill out a form first and I'm sure there's a box where it states your availability and if you audition in April and are put on the waiting list then you are on it for 6 months and in that time you could get contacted for a contract. I think they just want to make sure that they have plenty of people to call who are available at any given time, maybe that's why they have the 2 months max rule?

Hope any of that information helped x

Laura:)

Astya

I think so Laura, thanks :).  Just hard to be patient cos I want to go audition again now!  Lol.

Georgie, I didn't see those auditions on the site, were they closed auditions?

GeorgieGirl

No they were open but not very advertised at all this year! I only found out because I got an email from Move it about it! They started far earlier than they have previous years as well so I wonder if they were aiming for a smaller turnout? Though it was quite busy!

It's horrible not knowing when and if something will come up though! Eeeek!

Tink_22

well, after my Skype interview 2 weeks ago, i can now say i've joined the Talent Pool ! so exited  :D

Anyway, good luck to all of you waiting for an answer from Disney and congrats to those of you who have already signed a contract

Georgie you're so lucky, very few people get through the auditions ! Which character are you hoping to be ?

GeorgieGirl

Defo. Ummm I think I was just put through for parade, shows and costume characters! No face ones.... so i'm not fussed what costume characters I get :) I'm happy with anything really!
Yeeeaaah big good luck to everyone! Exciting times! It must be really weird doing an interview via skype! I would suck at that, well done!!

mackattack

Hey guys..My interview is in Dublin on Monday..I'm so nervous! I just want to get through and be put in that talent pool so bad so I can be in with a chance of getting out there for Summer. Hopefully it will go well.

Anybody else being interviewed in Dublin??

Kayleighmplatt

Whoop Just seen the audition info for characters and performers in Leeds :) is it an open audition or do i need to email someone? does anyone know? plus i am not 18 till may put wouldn't want the contract to start till June. anyone think i should risk it and still go?? xxx

Disniamh

Quote from: "mackattack"Hey guys..My interview is in Dublin on Monday..I'm so nervous! I just want to get through and be put in that talent pool so bad so I can be in with a chance of getting out there for Summer. Hopefully it will go well.

Ah i have an interview in Dublin on Tuesday! :D  Did you get a phone interview for it like all the other people on the forum because I didn't :/ So nervous too was hoping my friends would come with me but they applied too late and didnt get an interview :( are you going alone?

Best of luck :)

Tink_22

@Kayleighmplatt, from what i understood, all auditions in the uk are open auditions, you just turn up there. As long as you are 18 when the contract starts, you can apply/audition. Hope it helped x

Kayleighmplatt

Quote from: "Tink_22"@Kayleighmplatt, from what i understood, all auditions in the uk are open auditions, you just turn up there. As long as you are 18 when the contract starts, you can apply/audition. Hope it helped x

thanks tink that helped :) excited now xx

mackattack

Quote from: "Disniamh"
Quote from: "mackattack"Hey guys..My interview is in Dublin on Monday..I'm so nervous! I just want to get through and be put in that talent pool so bad so I can be in with a chance of getting out there for Summer. Hopefully it will go well.

Ah i have an interview in Dublin on Tuesday! :D  Did you get a phone interview for it like all the other people on the forum because I didn't :/ So nervous too was hoping my friends would come with me but they applied too late and didnt get an interview :( are you going alone?

Best of luck :)

Nope didn't get a phone interview at all..just an email saying that I was invited to the interview..I was so happy!! :D
Yeah, I'm really nervous too..hope it goes well..
Yup going alone! Really looking forward to it,

Best of luck to you too! :D

outofstep

Hey I've an interview in Dublin on Tuesday too! Me and a friend are heading to it. I'm quite excited about it- Despite is being a job interview, it sounds really fun haha! Just trying to brush up on my French now! Fingers crossed we all get contracts!  :D