Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebecca

You have to give notice obvs, but yeah... not that I'd ever want to leave! Yeah with contact numbers. What areas do you want to work in?? x

_Natalie_x

Like.. Restaurants, boutiques, rides, general park stuff, anything!!!!! I just wanna be there :'( i can be so Disney in my store but people don't always feel it.. I just wanna be living where everyone is just in the middle of the magic <3 haha I'm such a cool person!! ;) <3 x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

rebecca

Haha yeah! I went on their website, where they called the staff living bit 'Castmemberland'! So cool! (; I'm so excited to go, hope they hurry up with the contract xx

_Natalie_x

I'm so jealous all your interviewing stage is over!!! Am really scared :( booked the train, seems so real now !! Any really important French words you wanna give me or tips?? :D hahahaha xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

rebecca

Just don't be nervous! They're really nice, happy to repeat things and stufff... oh and learn your disney facts for the quiz! (; you should be able to describe your current work, and what you want to do... just things like that. it's quite simple! Good luck, you'll be amazing! xxx

Cendrillon

4 days to go, I'm beginning to stress so much. I really hope my French is up to the right standards!

@Natalie: I'm going for a summer 2012 contract, seems like the perfect summer job for me between uni!

rebecca

Good luck Cendrillon!

morjen

Quote from: rebeccaoh and learn your disney facts for the quiz! (;

...quiz?! what kind of questions do they ask?!

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "morjen"
Quote from: "rebecca"oh and learn your disney facts for the quiz! (;

...quiz?! what kind of questions do they ask?!
Things like how many people do they employ (the park), what are the different areas of disney (film, tv etc) errrrrm can anybody think of anything else?!

@Cendrillon i went for the summer 2012 contract too! I presume you mean between a levels and uni? :)

also HAS ANYONE HAD THEY'RE EMAIL YET!?! It's nearly been 3 weeks and i'm seriously stressing out :shock: !!

Cendrillon

Between second and third year at uni, actually (:

Oh my goodness. About 16 hours to go!

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Between second and third year at uni, actually (:

Oh my goodness. About 16 hours to go!

oh okay :) GOOD LUCK, YOU WILL BE AMAZING  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Cendrillon

Quote from: "rebecca"Good luck Cendrillon!

Thank you! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes (:

rebecca

Quote from: "sineadlemonade"also HAS ANYONE HAD THEY'RE EMAIL YET!?! It's nearly been 3 weeks and i'm seriously stressing out :shock: !!

I've had nothing ): I emailed Noellie, who said that permenant contracts and christmas contracts will be sent in the next few weeks.... not sure about your one? Maybe email her?

irisheyes73

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here and I am interested in this forum in particular because I recently attended an Interview with Disneyland Paris in London, had a great Interview and recieved an automated message to say that I had been successful and they now were searching for a suitable position for me. As soon as one was identifed I would recieve an email offer and I had 48hrs to accept or reject the offer. Incidentally the type of work that I do is in Marketing, Business analysis, events, propositions and strategy, etc. So I guess its the 'Business Solutions/Support areas of the business?

Anyway, since then its been about a month or so and so far I've heard nothing back at all. I've been looking constantly myself on the direct website, other job websites but I can't identify anything suitable.  So my concern is basically what is this process? how long do I wait?  Will someone contact me? How can I really establish whether there are any opportunities for me when I cant see any internal vacancies.  All I've been told is that I must wait..........

So its a difficult situation now.  Can anyone offer advice, or explain this process better or tell me how can suitable posts be identified for me or how can I identify them and also why are Disney recruitment personnel not making any contact with me?

many thanks
c

Cendrillon

I don't whether this will be of any help for you guys, but I remember reading earlier today something about Disneyland usually only sending the official contract about a month ahead of your start date. It wasn't a reliable website, just someone's blog, so it could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd pass on the information.

Have any previous/current CMs had any different experiences?