New parade coming

Started by msRavenswood, December 14, 2015, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

Finally, a new parade is coming to DLP for its 25th anniversary! It's been confirmed by the designers themselves: https://www.facebook.com/KevinandJody/posts/941386252575902  ;D

Mileto

Great news!
Thanks, msRavenswood!
I'm sure you are gonna see it in person!  ;) ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Rocketeer

Excellent although part of me wonders if there's a real need to replace the current one. Its only done, what 5 years? They got 10+ out of 'Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm'.  :P

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 14, 2015, 03:00:37 PM
Excellent although part of me wonders if there's a real need to replace the current one. Its only done, what 5 years? They got 10+ out of 'Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm'.  :P

It's a revamp of the Once Upon A Dream Parade so it's running for about 10 years.
Which is longer than The Wonderful World of Disney Parade.
And with it now being a small parade with barely any floats, and no nighttime parade anymore, and also no parades at the Studios anymore, Disneyland Paris is in desperate need of a new parade.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mickey1980

Yay. Although something big like a new parade was to be expected for the 25th.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 14, 2015, 03:48:00 PM
It's a revamp of the Once Upon A Dream Parade so it's running for about 10 years.
Which is longer than The Wonderful World of Disney Parade.
And with it now being a small parade with barely any floats, and no nighttime parade anymore, and also no parades at the Studios anymore, Disneyland Paris is in desperate need of a new parade.
10 years for that one?! Wow where's that time gone?

Now I think about it, wasn't that the one for the 15th celebrations?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

tigger1974

This is fantastic news and long overdue DLP desperately needs a new parade and the 25th anniversary seems the perfect time to launch it.
It would also be nice to see a parade reinstated at WDS park too.
2017 is closer than you think!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Donald Dutch

That's great news! I hope we will get completely new floats so they can use the chassis of the current floats for some extra Halloween/Christmas floats, or maybe use them for a new parade in the Studios!

DisneyGagaChick

Yaaas!  ;D

I don't know why the don't use the old parade from WDW, DL etc? Just use the same floats with different theming?  ::)

msRavenswood

If you check the 'Happiness is here' parade from Tokyo you will see how awesome the floats are. I hope the designers offer DLP the same quality!

grovesie

I would like to see similar float to those currently used at WDW. How cool would a fire breathing dragon be?

andrewuk

Well this is exciting news, but the float in that picture is a bit uninspiring and certainly not good enough for DLP.

When the current parade started as the 'Parade des reves' (hope my French grammar is right there) for the 15th we all thought it was the best thing going. But it looks a bit old now and something new will be most welcome.

As far as a night parade goes I think it is too much to coordinate it with Dreams in the park (and perhaps not worth doing as we have something incredible at park closing time already), but a night parade would be just what WDS needs to truly grab that elusive 'full day park' description.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

seraphelle

Quote from: grovesie on December 15, 2015, 09:53:37 AM
I would like to see similar float to those currently used at WDW. How cool would a fire breathing dragon be?

Oh yes!!! That would be fantastic!
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

msRavenswood

Quote from: andrewuk on December 16, 2015, 09:05:27 PM
Well this is exciting news, but the float in that picture is a bit uninspiring and certainly not good enough for DLP.

Search on YouTube for 'Happiness is here parade Tokyo'. The floats are certainly of a different philosophy compared to what we're used to seeing at DLP but this isn't necessarily bad. They have a certain dreamy flair, which I personally love!

andrewuk

Yes, I see what you mean. I like how they are more open so that you don't get too much of the view blocked off by the middle of the float being in the way. (Watching that also reminds me how lucky we are with our park, much more beautiful than TDL!)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne