New parade coming

Started by msRavenswood, December 14, 2015, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee79

A new parade sounds great, the happiness is here parade looked OK  & is different but maybe it's time for something different at DLP. I did notice how much more civilised the crowds were watching it, makes a change from the push & shoving that often occurs.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Please note that a new parade doesn't have to mean a NEW parade.
The parade for 20th anniversary (Disney Magic On Parade) was also advertised as "new", but it's just a revamp of the Once Upon A Dream Parade.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

dazzle_v2003

This is fantastic news! A brand new parade is just what is needed at DLP and with float designers involved it's a good sign that we will indeed have brand new floats. So exciting! I really hope DLP goes back to having a parade soundtrack with different Disney songs related to the floats just like the Once Upon A Dream parade.

What characters and floats would people like to see in the new parade?

Rocketeer

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 17, 2015, 02:19:15 PM
Please note that a new parade doesn't have to mean a NEW parade.
The parade for 20th anniversary (Disney Magic On Parade) was also advertised as "new", but it's just a revamp of the Once Upon A Dream Parade.
Good point. And that would be a darn sight cheaper than shelling out for all new units.
Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on December 17, 2015, 06:05:00 PM
Something unusual. Like Tron.

:D

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

andrewuk

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on December 17, 2015, 06:05:00 PM
This is fantastic news! A brand new parade is just what is needed at DLP and with float designers involved it's a good sign that we will indeed have brand new floats. So exciting! I really hope DLP goes back to having a parade soundtrack with different Disney songs related to the floats just like the Once Upon A Dream parade.

Absolutely agree, that was mind blowing in person.

Would love to see a Big Hero 6 float with a huge Baymax
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: andrewuk on December 17, 2015, 09:39:35 PM
Absolutely agree, that was mind blowing in person.

Would love to see a Big Hero 6 float with a huge Baymax

Baymax!! Bah-la-la-la!!  :P

mrpiggywinkles52

Wishlisting here, I'd love if they kept Magic on Parade, not because it is amazing but simply because I'd prefer a Nighttime parade. Paint the Night is breathtaking.

MickeyAteMyCap

Great news. It seems like the Walt Disney World company taking over majority of the park is helping it a lot. Here's hoping for three new shows and a new parade for Walt Disney Studios Park too by 2017.

dazzle_v2003

I think for the anniversary DLP would rather have a brand new Daytime parade as for now the main park night entertainment is sorted with Disney Dreams. It gets a high guest satisfaction and is a stunning show which end the day perfectly.

Personally if you are going to launch a big anniversary year how best to do it then with a brand new parade. We've had the same parade floats for 20 years by the time the anniversary comes so new floats would be a joy. I agree with an earlier comment I would prefer a night time parade to be in WDS to give that park a full day experience. Disney Dreams is a brilliant way to end the day in the Magic Kingdom park.

Mitchell

I must admit, I don't think Magic On Parade is too old or aging, although I think it will be if it lasts another 5 years, so I'll be intrigued to see what the new parade features, hopefully Pooh and Friends stick around, would like to see Stitch join the parade (think he is popular enough for it) and maybe the Aristocats?

Not too keen on the sound of Paint The Night, I like the soundtrack, but when I watch the parade on YouTube, I don't compare it to Fantillusion, MSEP or any of the daytime parades, although would there be much designing needed for a Paint the Night copy?
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

msRavenswood

Here's an interview with Jody Daily, one of the imagineers who are designing the parade.

amywayne2701

Do they not do the stars and cars or whatever it was called in the studios park anymore?? I know they did in 2014 (April 2014) as we were last there then xx

norhel

Quote from: amywayne2701 on February 28, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Do they not do the stars and cars or whatever it was called in the studios park anymore?? I know they did in 2014 (April 2014) as we were last there then xx

The stars and cars did end a while back.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

stifle

It's been gone for quite a while now although I think it comes back on special occasions such as over Christmas.