Still waiting

Started by Nico C, December 10, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico C

Anyone on here on the Disney waiting list waiting for a contract? I've been waiting since July and still haven't heard anything. This waiting is absurd!

185cmofawesome

Were you listed as a parade, fur or face performer?

I've heard people be on waiting lists for quite a while, but I suppose it depends on who they want and when.

Nico C

Quote from: 185cmofawesome on December 10, 2015, 12:24:08 PM

I've heard people be on waiting lists for quite a while, but I suppose it depends on who they want and went.

Well I keep hearing that many people never even get anything and just get told to re-audition. I got wait listed for character and parade performer. Are you waiting as well ?

185cmofawesome

Quote from: Nico C on December 10, 2015, 07:59:59 PM

I've heard people be on waiting lists for quite a while, but I suppose it depends on who they want and went.

Well I keep hearing that many people never even get anything and just get told to re-audition. I got wait listed for character and parade performer. Are you waiting as well ?

I'm heading to the Leeds audition in January. I'm just paranoid about availability. Seem's most people are able to just take up a new job at the drop of the hat. Having a flat, a car, and an existing job makes it pretty complicated.

The idea of a waiting list, and things being up in the air petrifies me. I'd rather know straight up, if the cat in the box is dead or alive.

I'm a 185cm slim male which "apparently" is a good thing to be, but still. Pretty anxious. :)

guest9295

I'm still waiting as well, since September.
Since there were auditions in Australia and New York I lost all hope haha. Probably have to re-audition :(

I am on the waiting list as a character and parade performer.

Nico C

Quote from: 185cmofawesome on December 10, 2015, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: Nico C on December 10, 2015, 07:59:59 PM

I'm heading to the Leeds audition in January. I'm just paranoid about availability. Seem's most people are able to just take up a new job at the drop of the hat. Having a flat, a car, and an existing job makes it pretty complicated.

The idea of a waiting list, and things being up in the air petrifies me. I'd rather know straight up, if the cat in the box is dead or alive.

I'm a 185cm slim male which "apparently" is a good thing to be, but still. Pretty anxious. :)

Yes, I believe you are a very good height for Disney so you will no doubt get a contract almost immediately. All i hear is that the very tall and short are the ones most likely to get something.

Nico C

Quote from: lynn on December 10, 2015, 09:39:48 PM
I'm still waiting as well, since September.
Since there were auditions in Australia and New York I lost all hope haha. Probably have to re-audition :(

Lynn, sorry to hear you are still waiting like me. The whole thing seems to be stupid really seeing as people like us end up waiting the whole 6 months hearing nothing whilst others get it practically straight away

MaddieMermaidxo

I'm also still waiting since September! It's officially 3 months today since i passed my audition haha..
Kind of losing hope a little :(

JAKKO

So many of us still waiting :O

I'm almost at the end of my 6 month waiting game now! I keep getting told that there aren't any positions matching my profile but finding it hard to believe that in all this time there hasn't been at least one position available!

guest9295

Quote from: JAKKO on December 12, 2015, 02:07:56 AM

I'm almost at the end of my 6 month waiting game now! I keep getting told that there aren't any positions matching my profile but finding it hard to believe that in all this time there hasn't been at least one position available!

Yes but do you know what your dance and animation level was? Because maybe for your height there were positions available but not for your dance/animation level? I don't know, that is what I tell myself all the time haha

JAKKO

Quote from: lynn on December 12, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

Yes but do you know what your dance and animation level was? Because maybe for your height there were positions available but not for your dance/animation level? I don't know, that is what I tell myself all the time haha

Yeah, it could very well be cos apparently if a position comes up for a certain profile yet there's multiple people on the list with that same profile then the one with the highest dance & animation levels will get picked. That's what I've heard anyway haha.

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's not like a parking garage where one goes in when one comes out.
They have people there to fill up spaces when someone leaves.
Once you get on the waiting list, you very rarely get called up.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Nico C

[/quote]

Well its certainly comforting to see others on here are also waiting so i hope we all hear before getting deleted from the waiting list.

DLRPWonders, what do you mean ? Most people go on the waiting list and might replace someone who leaves matching your profile.

guest9295

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 12, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

I know, and that is so frustrating!! But we can still hope for the best, right haha?
Although I know that the chance is way way way to small to actually get a call