Dining query

Started by tigger1974, September 27, 2015, 08:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigger1974

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere on this forum (I did look but couldn't find the answer).
If I wanted to go to Walt's (for example) and just wanted a dessert,  is that allowed or do you have to have a full meal?  I have been looking at the menus for some of the more expensive and fancier restaurants and, although there are many things that don't appeal to me,  as someone with a sweet tooth the desserts certainly do appeal!
Also if it is allowable, would you require a reservation if you did not want a full meal?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

stifle

You are unlikely to be served just a dessert unless it is very quiet as ultimately you would be taking up space that could be used by full-paying guests. Costs nothing to ask though :)

tigger1974

Quote from: stifle on September 27, 2015, 08:19:07 PM
You are unlikely to be served just a dessert unless it is very quiet as ultimately you would be taking up space that could be used by full-paying guests. Costs nothing to ask though :)

Thanks for this - this is actually what I thought, but as you say it wouldn't hurt to ask.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

MissyM

On our trip in July we went to the Blue Lagoon one afternoon and we just wanted desserts. The chap was reluctant at first but when I told him I would order two glowtinis and also leave him a good tip he became much more accommodating  ;D

stifle

That reminds me of another point. Under French law waitstaff are entitled to 15% of takings at their tables – hence the reluctance ;)

HildeKitten

If they say no and you really crave dessert, you can just go to Cable Car Bakeshop on Main Street, who do a variety of pastries and cakes.
I don't know whether it's standard on the menu or not, but the cheesecake at Blockbuster Café is really nice (quite small, but nice). And the desserts at Earl of Sandwich are very reasonably priced also.
I think pretty much all counter service places have the option to just buy dessert.
So if they say no at the table service restaurant you go to, there are still options where they definitely won't say no :)