Updated Refurb Schedule until Sept 2017

Started by arvidbux, October 22, 2015, 03:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arvidbux

Zee79

Considering its their 25th there is a lot of refurb happening until late 2017  :(

lovindisney87

Where is this from?? I only ask as there still says nothing about studio tram tour,space mountain and now adventure isle  being closed in January 2016 yet on Disneyland Paris site it shows that those three are now closed in the 2 weeks before my trip at the end of January 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

arvidbux

Quote from: lovindisney87 on October 22, 2015, 04:43:17 PM
Where is this from?? I only ask as there still says nothing about studio tram tour,space mountain and now adventure isle  being closed in January 2016 yet on Disneyland Paris site it shows that those three are now closed in the 2 weeks before my trip at the end of January 😁
Coming from ED92live on Twitter. They have apparently good access to this info and they share it.

arvidbux

Quote from: Zee79 on October 22, 2015, 04:24:11 PM
Considering its their 25th there is a lot of refurb happening until late 2017  :(
I know, especially as they opened on April 12, 1992. Guess they are moving out the celebrations to the Summer months for better weather.

Zee79

We might have to rethink our plans now, possibly Oct or Christmas. Oh well, longer to save but longer until I can find out prices. Some companies have prices out now for up to Sept 2017 & I think there are rather expensive if returns are still happening.

Spacepilot

stifle

Hmm. That image seems a little... not right. For one thing, an official Disney document would never say "Mainstreet Station.

Alberto Frog

Quote from: stifle on October 22, 2015, 07:20:02 PM
Hmm. That image seems a little... not right. For one thing, an official Disney document would never say "Mainstreet Station.

It is on the Disneyland Paris official website.

mrpiggywinkles52

Man. Thankfully none of this really falls on my trip that I didn't know of already unless Rock n' Roller Coaster has a delayed opening (I've been worried about Peter Pan doing the same)

But man this looks a lot worse. I can't believe Pirates is going to be closed during the 25th Anniversary! It's one of Walt's Originals! Without it I fear for the queue on Indiana Jones...Has it ever happened before that a big E ticket was closed during an anniversary at a Disney park?

rebecca20

Having visited last week I can't help but feel they don't have a 'all hands on deck' approach. It seemed only 2 men were working on Mainstreet Station and I barely heard any other construction noise. It's a shame as I reckon things could be done way sooner.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

mrpiggywinkles52

So DisneylandBerry just tweeted:

"Rock'n'Roller Coaster with Aerosmith will be closed for a major refurbishment from February 22, 2016 until July 2016 "

It comes from a pretty reliable source there that we'll get a major refurbishment leaving me to wonder will they be changing the theme during this, it's been long rumoured that we'd get Spiderman with the Backlot becoming a marvel land, 5 months seems reasonable depending on what they're doing. I imagine they'd just have to change the lightshow, ride vehicles and put some projections of the guy up to guide you through the ride right? That seems do-able.

samuelvictor

I'm hoping to go to the "Run Disneyland" event in September, but we are saving to go to WDW earlier in the year. Unfortunately I think it'll be a lot more difficult to persuade the family it's worth the extra expense to go to Paris as well, considering Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Star Tours & Tram Tour are all closed at once... these are some of our very favourites  :'(

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on October 23, 2015, 03:31:30 PM
So DisneylandBerry just tweeted:

"Rock'n'Roller Coaster with Aerosmith will be closed for a major refurbishment from February 22, 2016 until July 2016 "

It comes from a pretty reliable source there that we'll get a major refurbishment leaving me to wonder will they be changing the theme during this, it's been long rumoured that we'd get Spiderman with the Backlot becoming a marvel land, 5 months seems reasonable depending on what they're doing. I imagine they'd just have to change the lightshow, ride vehicles and put some projections of the guy up to guide you through the ride right? That seems do-able.

From what i've heard I believe its going to be very similar to the recent refurbishment of Space Mountain, technical overhaul (they are very similar coasters both made by Vekoma) and the addition of a single rider queue as well.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)