Christmas at Disney

Started by abismummy, August 18, 2015, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abismummy

Hi im toying with the idea of Sequoia over Christmas,  its my 50th Xmas Eve. I was wondering how much the food is over this period and what it is like. Grateful of any feedback. Thanks.

DLPWonders (Banned)

On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day some restaurants have special Christmas menus.
And they are extremely expensive. But the rest of the restaurants have normal menus.
And the rest of the season, all restaurants have normal menus.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sarahh83

if you go on the disney website and go through the booking process it gives you the option to add on the special gala meals so you can get an idea of how much they are

we will be there 23-27 december and have decided cafe mickey for christmas day .... still not sure for christmas eve thou, we may go offsite maybe even into paris
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

samuelvictor

As DLRPWonders said, the food is only more expensive on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when certain restaurants have special menus - the rest of the days in the season are normal.

On these days, though in theory the other restaurants keep the standard menu and prices, in practice you may find some of them are closed - this was certainly the case when we were there last Christmas eve and trying to find a "non Christmas" menu at an affordable price. The main restaurants in the hotels are on the Christmas menu so are more expensive. Annoyingly we had originally booked a buffet at the Cheyenne's restaurant, having been assured on the phone that the normal menu would be running at the same time as the Christmas one. It wasn't, and we didn't fancy paying the extra, especially considering my kids didn't particularly like the look of the Christmas menu. Ourusual cheap village option of Billy Bobs was again Christmas menu only, and the queues for Annettes, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe etc were ridiculous.

In the end we plumped for a meal deal in Earl of Sandwich (not exactly a massive meal, but really nice, very affordable, and great surrounding/views), then snacks from the huts in the village and McDonalds throughout the evening. It was quite nice to "graze" this way and leisurely enjoy the village shops & entertainment!