Francillien Question

Started by lawsy5, July 19, 2015, 10:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawsy5

Hi guys, hope someone can help me, I've just had a minor freak out!

So we booked our trip back in February and we are leaving in two days time! In Feb I bought us 2 Francillien annual passes for our trip using the french DLP site. When I read the terms and conditions it said that they could not be used for the first two days after they are purchased, this was fine because I was buying them in February.

When I was talking to a friend today they said that as far as they knew it was 2 days after the annual pass is issued and not when it was purchased. Since I have the vouchers ready to exchange when we get to the park I wanted to know in advance if anybody could clear this up for me? Has anyone purchased a francillien AP in advance before and knows whether we will be able to use it or not?

stifle

The French terms and conditions state they are not valid "sur les deux jours après l'établissement du passeport annuel définitif" which means the two days after the establishment of your proper annual passport. So it does sound like you'll be caught out – the whole point of the Francilien is that it's not meant to be used in lieu of a 3-day ticket. Not to worry though – the conditions also allow you to upgrade to a higher category of passport at any stage so you can pay €40 each to get Fantasy passports which won't have the problem. You can probably do this first time at the Bureau Passeport Annuel, rather than mess about with issuing the Francilien and then changing it.

You also have another possible problem in that I think annual passport vouchers have a limited validity of a certain number of months after purchase, but I can't remember if it's 3 or 6, sorry!

lawsy5

Great thank you, the validity is 6 months. Just checked! Definitely won't bother with the fuss next time and will just buy them at the gate! The worry at the time was that Disney were going to put the prices right up but they only ended up going up by 5 euros. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.