St Patrick's Day

Started by MimaB, July 16, 2015, 07:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MimaB

Sorry if this has been discussed extensively before but I couldn't find anything.
We are looking at going to DLP in March. Is it worth going the week St Patrick's  Day falls in or the week after ? Does SPD take over the whole week or just the day ?  I'm expecting it to be busier on that day but is it just manic ? It would be our last full day there if we go that week. As much as I would like to see the parade on that day I don't want ruin our last day queuing for rides with hundreds of people there.

SUTHEL3

Hello! I don't know how busy it is but I've booked for next year 16th-20th march and SPD is only the one day- 17th :) they have a different dreams show and different  entertainment from what I can see of previous years so I think it will be worth going to no matter how busy :) xx

HildeKitten

If you do St-Pats when it's on a Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday it's actually really pleasant when it comes to crowds!
On a Friday-weekend-Monday I'd avoid it because it will be really crowdy.

That said, I've done it twice and its AWESOME!
I'd totally do it again if I could :)

When I went they had Mickey and Minnie doing meet and greets in St-Patrick Day outfits, and then there was a special pre-parade, themed entertainment and the second year I did it they also had a random wizard and leprechauns that you could meet on Main Street USA :)

They also had Irish Dance initiations with Chip and Dale, which also looked like fun.

So yes, I would definitely recommend it :)

daddyof2

DLP do a few special days to celebrate St Davids Day, not sure whether those dates are any better for you? 

MimaB

Thanks for the replies. We will have a go at it then. We would have already had 5 days there before SPD. So we should have been on everything we want. Maybe we will just class that as a lazy day and go with the flow.

Northrop2015

Great to here it's worth it we are there 13th -18th and is our first time back to disney paris since 2004
Disneyland Paris trips:

Santa Fe - 2005

Walt Disney World:

All Star Movies - 2007
Coronado Springs - 2009

Planned trips

Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne March 2016