wifi and refurbishment

Started by Thaliel, July 02, 2015, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

There are 2 questions on my mind.
1. How far is the free wifi in the resort thing? It would be nice to at least be able to post pic on FB once in a while, the wifi of DLH wasn't really sufficient

2. Has Cheyenne already been refurbished? We are considering staying there in March 2016, and would need the adjacent rooms to holf at least 4 people
<-Plz click

stifle

There is no wifi in the parks. It's available throughout the hotels, except only in the reception, bar and restaurant at the Cheyenne and Santa Fe, and in several of the restaurants and cafés of Disney Village. You can either save up the photos to post in your hotel later on, or if you're based in the UK simply get a 3 SIM for your phone as it allows you to use your package in France as though you were in the UK at absolutely no extra cost.

Refurbishment is a future plan for the Cheyenne and they'll do a couple of buildings at a time. All Cheyenne rooms hold four guests – a double bed plus two bunk beds.

samuelvictor

There is no wifi in the Parks at all yet I'm afraid (or certainly wasn't when I was there over Christmas) with the possible exception of the queuing area for Crush's Coaster, which I think has wifi to allow you to download and install the "interactive queue" app/game - unless this is a hotspot that just connects to a lcoal server. I've no idea how it works, I didn't bother downloading and playing the game, as we only went in Magic Hours when there was little or no queue.

I assume that it is planned that wifi will be rolled out throughout the whole parks sometime soon, after the virtual takeover by Disney Corp... but this probably won't happen til the 25th anniversary. It sure would have been nice to be able to use the DLRP app to get waiting times, show times etc when there, but I'm darned if I'm paying foreign roaming charges for 3g/4g...  ::)

As noted, the Cheyenne has no wifi in the rooms, just in public areas like reception and the restaurant.

Thaliel

Does anyone of you also come to know if you get adjacent rooms when you book for handicapped? 4 people plus wheelchair, plus my mom's walking frame plus luggage would be pretty stuffed in just one room
<-Plz click

stifle

If you book multiple rooms by phone they will be adjacent if possible. If you book multiple rooms online and insert the booking number and surname of the lead guest on the other booking, same.

Zee79

State when booking you want adjoining rooms & any other request. I emailed the hotel a few times but didn't get any response or the adjoining rooms when we arrived however when we checked in we requested this  & they tried their best to accommodate us, 2 families put together 1 moved into the same part of the building. We've just rebooked & I've asked for adjoining rooms on lower levels due to mobility issues.

HildeKitten

I was just on the phone with DLP and they told me there is now free wifi all over Disney Village, so if you wanted to post the odd photo from your phone, you could do it on the way back from the parks to the hotel I suppose (sorry if someone said this before and I totally missed it in the other comments!).