Christmas season 2015-who joins, hotel, programm, closures, planning etc.

Started by Mileto, May 25, 2015, 12:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileto

I think it's not fixed yet.

But I am sure we'll have to live with some painful closures - BTM, IASW, Molly Brown (for me especially it's a big love)

I am thinking of buying tickets for Buffalo Bill Wild West show. We never made it before. Looks great! It could be a suprise for my people. I am wondering which hour should I choose - 18.30 or 21.30. Maybe 21,30 will be too late. Does it last an hour and a half?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

ilovemainstxxx

have just booked our trip so can now join the Christmas club ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we were going to book for golden forest but i think it will be our last trip for a while so we are going to our favourite hotel  the hotel Cheyenne from 29/12 - 01/01 and i carnt wait.....

Zee79

Quote from: SwipatronSparks on May 30, 2015, 07:24:01 PM
28/12/15 until 2/1/16 so there for new years! staying in the Newport bay as we are 5 people and this trip is super exciting for a few reasons....
1. it will be my boyfriends first ever trip to disneyland
2. its my mums first trip to DLP after being poorly
3. its our first proper trip over the christmas season (we went once and saw the very first day of the christmas things)

We went same time last year and loved the new year there, can't afford it this year due to summer holiday but def going next year.
We walked through the Newport at about 12:30am and the party was in full swing with live music.

emma.shane2

Hello, we are going on 23-27 dec with our two children age 6 and 11. We can't wait! We have been to Disney twice before but this will be our first time at xmas! We have booked a xmas room at HNY and are waiting til they release details of the xmas meals so we can book the merry Xmas lunch at HNY and we will also book buffalo bills on Xmas eve! Anything else we shouldn't miss out on?.

DisneyDreamer

We're going for the Christmas season toooooo  :)
16th-20th Dec, HNY. We're taking our daughters (8&4) to experience the magic of Christmas, Disney style.
Sooooo excited :-)
August 1995 (2 days)- Off Site
August 2000 (2 days)- Off Site
May/June 2010 (5 days) - Hotel Cheyenne
May/June 2011(6 days) - Hotel New York
May 2014 (5 days) - Hotel Disneyland
December 2015 (5 days) - Hotel New York Empire State Club

Mileto

Welcome to the gang, emma.shane2 and DisneyDreamer;D

We all here are dreaming of Christmas already, as I can see. Time goes fast by, we enjoy the summer now, going to sea vacation next week.

I often check for opening hours and official announcements on closed attractions and restaurants, but know it's still early.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

GemmaT

Hello all, I'm going on Dec 7th till Friday 11th. Me , my partner and dd  who's 4. Staying at S lodge. Has anyone been this around this time of year before? That's all I've heard is how cold and miserable it is. I'm so excited I don't think bad weather could spoil it. Also, is it worth upgrading to the nicer rooms?
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

Mileto

Hello, GemmaT! And welcome to the mad group, dreaming for Christmas in the summer  ;D

In DLP it could never be miserable, even in the coldest cold! It's so beautiful decorated, music, parades, shops, attractions. It's magical. We'll stay in the same hotel, some days earlier. Are you buying a meal plan? We are still thinking what we want, have plenty of time.

Friends, yesterday I read on several facebook pages, dedicated to DLP, that after a 2 months break (from 13.09.2015) "Chantons La Reine des Neiges" at Chaparral Theater will return on 14 November for Christmas season. Have you heard of these new?

twentythingamabobs

Ah Mileto that's great news if it goes ahead! I was quite miserable about missing out this year as we won't be visiting this Summer. So excited for Christmas, it is my favourite time of year to visit. Everything is even more magical than usual! Don't let the thought of bad weather put you off GemmaT, you will still have an amazing time. Last year the weather was fine although quite cold so just pack a couple of layers and you'll be grand :)

GemmaT

Thanks guys im so excited ! We went in March 2014, so it'l be our second time. We have gone premium half board so we can go to buffalo Bills and lunch with the princess, as last time we did neither as we didn't know it was included in the half board deal. It's all a learning experience the first time you go I supoose! I'm actually looking forward to the early dark nights with the crimbo lights up and wrapping up in our hats and scarfs. Love this site for tips , had loads of good tips for last year which made our experience even better as I knewrhe best places to go for parades etc

Ohana

I go with my OH on 17th Nov :D we're staying at the Santa Fe. Pretty Christmassy, what with the name Santa, hey? :D

Was a bit worried about going DLP in winter as the weather might be a bit lousy and I thought that'd ruin the magic... but then everyone seems to say its totally magical in the Christmas season so I'm quite happy about it now. Still would love to see it in the sunshine, but the thought of watching a Christmassy parade in cuddly clothes with a hot chocolate seems perfect.

Bit sad about BTM and Small World being closed, but hey ho!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Askew80

Hi all,

Due to my son being run over by a car (luckily only a broken broken leg) we have had to slide our holiday, so we're due to be going August 17 and had everything planned (booked meals etc) but decided to move it as currently li mm item.mobility and in wheelchair. 

Now booked 19-23 December.  Looking forward to it and kids were excited when.told them.last night that we've had to change it but due to santa wanting to see them their!

Just hoping it isn't as cold as when we went in March 2000!

michaelj1973

Hi all,

We me and my mum are going from 7 Dec till 10 Dec and are staying at SL GF. I'm thinking of adding an extra day, but am not sure. Already updated my hotel from SF to SL GF. Have been a couple of times to Disney land paris. And I like the Christmas season the most. SL is great during Christmas season. Can't wait to sit next to the fireplace with a cocktail.  ;D

michaelj1973

Uhm just called with disney and added the extra day... so make it 7 Dec till 11 Dec.

GemmaT

That's what dates I am going and staying in SL thinking of upgrading too, after reading on here it's Defo worth it for the breakfast . I stayed at DLH last time found breakfast but mad but food was real good. I don't want to wish summer away but I'm so excited , thinking if ways to tell my DD that wer going !