Davy Crockett building site ??

Started by QueenLisa, May 16, 2015, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenLisa

Staying at Davy Crockett in June and was just reading some recent trip advisor reviews where some people state it's a building site with cranes, scaffolding and parts of the camp boarded up ? Work going on from 8 - 4 but not a pretty site......Is this correct ? Has anyone been in May and is it really that bad ?

Also read there is no toaster, grill  or oven and only a microwave & basic cooking utensils ? Someone had to buy a frying pan , spatula & toaster ?

I don't plan on cooking Christmas dinner but a frying pan would be basic - right ?

Someone please put my mind at ease - seriously considering changing booking to a hotel ?

polar vixen

I can't comment on the current state of the work, but it has been going on a fe years, and we've never found it to impact our holiday, the place is HUGE and ask work that was going on had massive screens in front of it, apart from on our drive in and out, you wouldn't be aware of it as the cabins are in little cull dee sacs. There is a Iceland and hob, and we most certainly did have a frying pan, saucepans etc. Under the hob is a dish washer. The fridge/freezer is a good size to. So you can't do oven pizza etc but pasta dishes/ rice dishes/pan fried meat are all easy enough. We took disposable bbqs with us last year and had abbq at least twice on our little balcony area, all of which have BBQ stands and a big picnic table. Love Davy Crockett ranch and never had a problem, have stayed there for times and much prefer it to a hotel

Mrsya

We were there in Oct and the main place we saw any building work taking place was as you enter/exit the resort. The road in/out was always being washed down though and the builders always gave way and were very courteous. From our cabin we could see nothing but trees (and next door neighbours having a BBQ) and we could hear nothing but birds (and the next door neighbours having a BBQ)!

Cooking-wise we never go beyond a piece of toast in a morning and a glass of water before we crawl into bed at night but, yes, you will either need to take a small toaster (we bought a 4 slicer from tesco for £9) or hire one from the DC shop.

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: QueenLisa on May 16, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
Staying at Davy Crockett in June and was just reading some recent trip advisor reviews where some people state it's a building site with cranes, scaffolding and parts of the camp boarded up ? Work going on from 8 - 4 but not a pretty site......Is this correct ? Has anyone been in May and is it really that bad ?

Also read there is no toaster, grill  or oven and only a microwave & basic cooking utensils ? Someone had to buy a frying pan , spatula & toaster ?

I don't plan on cooking Christmas dinner but a frying pan would be basic - right ?

Someone please put my mind at ease - seriously considering changing booking to a hotel ?

We were there last year and the onlytime you will see building work is at the gate.
The resort is too covered to see anything else but trees once your in their.
Some people on tripadvisor will make something out to be worse than it actually is just to have a moan.
We will be back their in july and im not not in slightest worried about this issue .
Their is a shopping centre (val du europe ) 10minutes from the ranch which has a huge supermarket in it that is a cheap as youll find at home  Make sure you go there when you arrive and buy the essentials ; you will save a fortune .don't forget your bag of bbq coal 😀
Have a good holiday ...😊