Day at Disney - What to Cover?

Started by DisneyManiac, February 05, 2015, 11:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

So I am going back to DLP for one day on a school strip to Paris! Only Disneyland Park on 15th July, can I get some help on the following things:

How busy will it be?
Attractions to do, PM is a must do
Average Wait Times
Restaurants that are affordable and have good food, no buffets

Mrsya

If I had only one day at DLP... I would pick my top 5 rides and try to visit each land to experience all of their different atmospheres. Personally, I'd grab a fastpass for btm then go on PM and/or boat ride. Back to btm or I'd walk through to IJ then up to POTC. Across to Fantasy Land, under the castle to visit the dragon and around to get a fastpass for Buzz. Off to Star Tours while I waited then back to Buzz and hopefully the parade! I'd probably eat on the go or grab a sandwich and eat it sat outside at Casey's corner to people watch or on a bench in the central plaza to soak up the sights of the castle. If you do want a sit down meal, the quickest service we've ever received is at Lucky Nugget.

I'd probably use the queue length app on my phone and/or keep checking info boards for wait times.

Enjoy!

itslizi

According to the Calendar on DLRP Roundup, their will be medium crowds which is better than high or peak crowds. If I was to go Disneyland Paris for just a day I couldn't miss Big Thunder Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean! Maybe a walk and shop down Main Street, and then I would see what rides had the best wait times to decide the rest. When I was in Disneyland Paris last time I used DLRP Roundup for their wait times and boy was that helpful then you're not wasting time going over to one place to find a massive queue which you can't be bothered with. Also, you can't miss the parade, as that just completes your day in the park as its not all about the rides. As for food, I can't say I've even eaten in the Park itself I usually take some nibbles in with me then get to the Disney Village for food, though Mrsya's suggestion of Lucky Nugget is a good suggestion in my eyes as that's definitely on my list for next time.

ilovemainstxxx

Hi there..
Rides wise you know yourself what your faves are and i think mrsya  advise about the app if you have a phone is good...
food wise we went the first week of July last year and lunch time was hectic....
i would say try and eat before or after normal lunch and dinner times or we some days left the park and went to earl of sandwich in the village which was so yummy and didn't wait at all so think that was quicker that 60 mins in a cue for counter service in the park.....
hakuna matata was a nice fast food place to eat and also earl of sandwich would say theses are my favourites.. also like the little shop in main st that do the croque monsieur  but have forgot what it is called , but can get quite busy as only a small place...

seraphelle

Hmmm, as advised I'd eat outside of 'normal' lunch time as it can get busy in food places even on a quiet park day. If you're staying inside the main park I'd definitely follow the advice already given about Fastpasses and the queue app. Things not to miss for me would be:

The Parade
Phantom Manor
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Autopia
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan

Then if I had time I'd try and squeeze some extras in.Have a great time.  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

disneymagic006

With just one day I think I would chouse to go on:
Big Thunder Mountain (fastness), Riverboat, Pirates of Caribbean, walk Adventure Isle inc ropebridge, Teacups, Casey Junior and Storybooks, Space Mountain (fastpass). In between I would catch the parade and spend time near the castle. Also love the railroad for the views if there's time - full trip round the park
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!