phantom manor

Started by Grumpy.66, January 24, 2015, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy.66

Hi everyone I'm going to dlp in march and just found out that phantom manor is going to be shut!!!!!  I know they have to do work on these rides and I know they're renovating it  but my heart is literally sinking . I don't know what it is with this ride but its my absolute  favourite. Being grumpys wife  I am known for acting like a 4 year old which is why Disney works so well for me but does anyone else feel this way if going in march? :'( :'( :'( :'(

ewormas

Hi

We go in March- I'm gutted too! I honestly can't think of another trip there we've had when its been closed and we've been a lot. I hate refurbs lol!

Grumpy.66

Thanks so much for making me feel less geeky !!!!!!lol  we have been  3 times in 2 years and it has never been shut when I've been. I normally go during the day but also like to do it at night so gonna miss it badly!! I can just see myself banging on the door crying let me in!!!! So if anyone sees a funny lady doing this I'll understand the staying away !!!!!! Anyway have a great time when you go ;D

msRavenswood

I'd be gutted if PM was closed for refurb during one of our visits! Hubby and I are so crazy about the ride we would probably reschedule our whole trip so that it's open!

ewormas

I'm also miffed that Animagique is closed while we are there too. Its an absolute fave of mine-wish the refurbishments were released earlier by Disney  :(

Mrsya

I think you should be allowed to state your absolute favourite ride when booking and if its closed then you're allowed a free reschedule! Completely undoable and doesn't make much business sense but in an ideal world...  ;)

I'm waiting for May closures and would feel the same as you if POTC is shut!

gingajen

At one point I thought BTM would be closed during our trip in February. I can't explain how gutted I was. Luckily for us, the closure isn't planned until the end of the year! But since it's closed for a whole year, I very much doubt we'll be going next year as it is the whole family's favourite!

abismummy

How do you find out what will be closed please? Although we don't go till August so may be too soon to know.

Also is the Phantom Manor really scary? I have a small child and im a big scardy cat too lol x

ewormas

We aren't going next year either as BTM will def be closed,so we will go for 25th anniversary.  Its never as good a trip with BTM closed.

This site is prob best to check for closures when they are released as according to Disneyland Paris.co.UK animagique is open when we visit,but its on here that its closed. When I spoke to DLRP on Thursday it is closed so Id check on here in a few months time.

Phantom manor isn't particularly scary,my little boy has been going on there since he was 14 mths old and my other son since he was 3. The worst part is when u first enter as the lights go off but afterwards its clever animatronics/scenery.

DisneyRon

Quote from: abismummy on January 24, 2015, 10:13:26 PM
How do you find out what will be closed please? Although we don't go till August so may be too soon to know.

Also is the Phantom Manor really scary? I have a small child and im a big scardy cat too lol x

No, there's a bit of a spooky atmosphere, and some mild jump scares, but on the whole it's entirely harmless in my opinion. :) Certainly nothing truly scary.

Mrsya

Nothing scary on the ride as such but my 4 year old didn't like the lift part before you go into the main ride...

Rapunzelwannabe

I took my 3 year old on it this week - she didn't enjoy it as she doesn't like skeletons etc but my 5 year old loved it.
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

littlebitofpixiedust

I can feel your disappointment! If phantom manour was closed on our visit I'd be devastated. It's my sons absolute favourite I have no idea why? He's six, I mean it's a fanatic ride to say the least. But a few children we've been with have been scared. Not my son but then he's been visiting DLP since he was 13 months old lol at least twice a year!

I actually was so gutted that I couldn't get my little phantom manour fan a tshirt with it on, I even asked the cast members in the frontierland shop and nope none in small size!  :( such a shame!

We're of for feb half term and thank god it's open. Pirates is one of my favs yet my sons petrified of it....

I hope you all have a fun trip guys even if it's minus phantom manour!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: ewormas on January 24, 2015, 06:09:09 PM
I'm also miffed that Animagique is closed while we are there too. Its an absolute fave of mine-wish the refurbishments were released earlier by Disney  :(

Oh and animagique is I think personally best show there. Shame that's closed too! I've heard that'll be closing at some point in future? Can't remember where I read it, maybe here!? I could have cried literally lol.