hiring a buggy/cart

Started by charmoopops2112, January 19, 2015, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charmoopops2112

hi were going to dlp in July and driving so to save space were not taking a pram what are they like at the park please
are they buggy's trailers or trolleys thanks x

Rapunzel1

They do not look very comfortable. They are metal like structures with hard wheels. Try to bring an umbrella stroller. Or stop at a French supermarche and buy a stroller there. That might even work out cheaper since horing will cost you 12 euro's a day and I don't think you can keep the stroller over night.

If you have a small fold away stroller you moght be able to push it underneath your children's feet in the car. That is where we keep our stroller. We have a McClaren Volo. Very small, lightweight and easy to use. If you buy a cheap stroller at home you can even leave it in Paris behind. That will safe you some space for gifts

daddyof2

I concur whole heartedly with Rapunzel1

McSuze

I agree, the ones I saw for hire did not have a reclining seat, they were a single upright position, not very useful if your child needs a nap. Much better to try & take one or buy en route  :)
:-)

sarahmumof4

We hired a stroller on our first visit .
My youngest was 18 months so had a buggy for him.
However my 4 year old was exhausted so we got it for him .

They aren't very nice at all , they don't recline but better than nothing I suppose .

I also have a maclaren volo that I have kept for DLP trips .
My youngest will be 6 when we go next time so we may not even need it but I'd rather take it than hire one !
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Queen Elsa

You do to say how old your child is but I saw those strollers and they look awful and very uncomfortable. I certainly wouldn't want to put my 18 month old in one. Suppose it would be ok for my 4 year old if she was tired out but it wouldn't be my preferred choice. I agree with the others and would suggest an umbrella fold or perhaps something like a quinny zapp or Petit star Zia xx

charmoopops2112

Thanks everyone when we go we will have a 11 5 and nearly 2 year old so may be best looking for 2 very lightweight buggy's thankyou :) x

Queen Elsa

We took a preloved phil and teds! Not particularly light weight but the wheels all come off so you can pack  it easily in the boot with the cases on top. Our children were 14 months and almost 4 so our son used the top most of the time like a single and when out daughter was tired we just swapped them over. Meant we weren't pushing a second stroller round unnecessarily. Only cost £61 off eBay too xx