Disney in the rain

Started by izzysfirstdisney, January 16, 2015, 12:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzysfirstdisney

Hello all,

We set off on the 26th with little 18 month old in tow but having looked at the weather it looks "interesting" at best  ;D

Now I am well used to the weather, I have been over 7 times and do not remember it not raining on any trip we have made but was wondering if anyone has any tips of little ones there in the rain?

We have made the decision to take our bigger buggy as it has a better rain cover and fleecy inline which is much better for this trip but if anyone has any good tips would appreciate it?

andrewuk

On our 2004 trip it rained nearly all day for four days, although we had one dry day. No kids then though! We managed to get on loads of rides. The Disney ponchos are really good, and we made a lot of use of the hidden covered passage from Main St to Pirates.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

daddyof2

Well, I would say wait until about 5 days out for an accurate forecast, but...If you can put up with it and it looks like it'll be persistent, do the outdoor rides in the rain - a lot of people will be put off and stay under cover (so the fully covered areas and attractions will be busier). If it just looks like a shower, dive into a restaurant or shop. If you're really good at spotting it ABOUT to rain, get into a restaurant before it hits and beat the rush. The hidden passage mentioned by Andrew is fairly easy to find, and I think is mentioned elsewhere but I'll try and recap. On entering the park, stay left, go past City Hall and enter Liberty Arcade - this is then fully covered all the way down to Casey's Corner. Just before you get out into the open, you bear left and under a covered walkway into Frontierland, through Fort Cornstock and continue on to Adventureland, by Aladdin's Passage. You're a little bit out in the open but cross over, past The Agrabah Café and Sheherezade's Treasures, then you can get under cover again and down to POTC or the entrance into Fantasyland by Peter Pan's Flight.