Any idea when the free half board offer may come back?

Started by 2anddone, January 12, 2015, 07:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2anddone

Hi I am off to dlp on March 9th to 13th. I booked it when the free half board offer was on and as I am staying in Cheyenne got half board standard. I rang today to ask whether I could either upgrade my hotel or dining plan and was told no as the free half board offer is no longer on so I can't make any changes without basically cancelling my whole holiday and then rebooking. So my last hope now is the free half board offer may come back before I go!! Anyone got any ideas when/if it may come back again? TIA

Queen Elsa

They tend to alternate the deals I think! Have you been online and looked at the price differences? It may not work out much different x

2anddone

It is a little bit more but not much when you consider I would be swapping Cheyenne with sequoia and standard for premium dining!! Does anyone know how I would go about changing my booking and if I would lose the entire cost of my originally booked holiday? (I took out holiday insurance if that makes a difference?)

minnieme

If they are going to bring out the half board deal, it would be after 9th Feb when this current one ends.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Queen Elsa

Quote from: 2anddone on January 12, 2015, 10:37:43 PM
It is a little bit more but not much when you consider I would be swapping Cheyenne with sequoia and standard for premium dining!! Does anyone know how I would go about changing my booking and if I would lose the entire cost of my originally booked holiday? (I took out holiday insurance if that makes a difference?)

We changed our reservation from Newport Bay to New York and they didn't charge us at all. They just cancelled one booking and rebooked the package we wanted then we paid the difference! When we first booked it was 2 days free, when we rebooked it was 30% off and free half board! Xx

plzsm

So is the 30% off and half board free cheaper than 2 free days ?

KentDisney

Don't be fooled by the "free" half board. I had booked the Sequoia Lodge for 2 nights during that promotional offer and it came to £506. After the deal had ended I checked the price again out of curiosity and it had gone down to £350!! I called Disney and they refunded me the difference without penalty (usually there is a 30% charge for downgrading packages) and said it was due to another offer.