TRIP REPORT: 14-17 dec Hotel Cheyenne! LINK to photos added :)

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, December 21, 2014, 04:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

So I'll begin by telling you who's in our party.
Myself, my son (6) my nan, Grandad. My friend her daughter (2) and my other friend her husband and two kids (4 & 6)

It was my friend and her husbands first ever Time to Disneyland Paris! My other friend had only been once and missed a lot so of course I tried to squeeze a lot in for us all.

DAY 1:
So we arrived at ebbsfleet station around 9am, checked in around half past. All the kids and us were very exited and it wasn't long before we boarded the train. The journey was quiet and relaxed before we knew it we were in the magic!

So first things first of to the hotel Cheyenne wich looked lovely dressed up for christmas. We unpacked had little time in the room and set of to the studios park as we only have 3 hours until our dinner reservation at king lidwigs in the village.

First port of call as always Is my sons disabled pass from the helpful studio services. This time my friends daughter needed one to as she like my son has cerebal palsy and is in a wheelchair. Unfortunatly due to health and safety they weren't able to ride any attractions together wich us kind of sucked :( but hey-ho!

Quick go of the magic carpets ll the children enjoyed.

So stitch live was about to start in English so we ran literally to it, and both my son (sonny) and his friend (pippa) were allowed into the shows together wich was lovely. Pippas younger brother joe was picked out during the show and was incredibly shy bless him. Strangely enough there was only around 15 people in the show on this occasion.

After stitch we had a go of the studio tram tour, wich none of my friends or their children knew anything about! Adults really enjoyed it, but some of the kids were a bit nervous But was ok. My son laughed throughout :)

We were going to have a quick go of towerof terror but the the announcement came the park was closed! (6pm came found to quick!!)

So over went for our dinner. Food was all lovely, waiter helpful too. After all filling our bellys it was back to the hotel for a bit of tv and an early night ready for extra magic hours the next day.

DAY 2:
All up bright and early and made it to the park by 8.30 (not too bad!) we headed straight to discoveryland and did buzz first, then myself and my friends had a go on space mountain. Rude not to with no que!
Had a little browse in the shop, then onto fantasyland. Starting on the mad hatters tea cups, carousel and Pinocchio and dumbo. Snow white was closed for refurbishment.
Then of to Casey junior and storybook boat ride (I call it) lol.

We're all cold by now so time for hot drinks? Not easy 11 am Casey corner opens and as far as we could see everywhere was closed so we waited 5 minutes and it was open. Had a hot dog and drinks and headed onto frontierland.
My sons favourite is the haunted mansion so went on that but it scared my friends 2yr old... Not surprising. Then me and the other adults had a go of BTM wich was great! Nipped round for a s
In on Indiana jones and attempted pirates but my friends daughter freaked and my son hates it so we didn't have a go :(
So decided back into fantasyland as we missed small world out! Had 2 goes round small world and bumped into Anna And elsa. We didn't que for them 180 min was on the board! He's 3 hours.... No way would we even attempt it.

Now the Christmas parade is starting so just in time. Kids enjoyed this as did we but very short wich was unfortunate.

Now time for dinner was going to try lucky nugget saloon before watching dreams. But we were informed only one wheelchair allowed at any one time!? So that meant we couldn't sit together??? No thanks. We left and ate in plaza gardens wich was fine and accomadating. Everyone enjoyed the food. It was relatively quiet and just in time for dreams of we went. We was there 30 minutes before the start if show, freezing! But got a good spot even though that didn't stop people pushing their children to where we were and them climbing on top of my sons wheelchair! Grrrrr!
Now I know that he could go into the disabled area but they only allow one carer with him. Wich I like to watch dreams with my family/friends. I can understand why they limit numbers but its not like we can all go on the rides together during the day so I try and get a spot where we can watch it together.

It was great I really enjoyed it, but it was too cold and couldn't wait to get warm back at the hotel! We let the park empty out a little and left the park. Another early night ready for another early start.

*******DAY 3/4 to be added later*******

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205469561558833&l=2a7650c68f
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205469557758738&l=c6c8702e3a

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205459440465812&l=239da68527

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205459445505938&l=9a9f66da36
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205459451826096&l=eddd369f6a

daddyof2

I think I can understand a possible reason why they might only have one disabled person on a ride at a time - if they need to evacuate everyone in an emergency, then the staff numbers might only allow for them to assist one disabled person. I can't understand if the same issue would apply to the Lucky Nugget though. The climbing on top of your sons wheelchair? That's disgusting behaviour.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: daddyof2 on December 21, 2014, 08:54:48 PM
I think I can understand a possible reason why they might only have one disabled person on a ride at a time - if they need to evacuate everyone in an emergency, then the staff numbers might only allow for them to assist one disabled person. I can't understand if the same issue would apply to the Lucky Nugget though. The climbing on top of your sons wheelchair? That's disgusting behaviour.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report :)

Unfortnatly the pushing, shoving and climbing on his wheelchair is beginning to be a regular occurrence. I know they are children but even so parents should be supervising them. I think next time I may have to watch it in the disabled area wich I don't want too do but am hating people being so rude during dreams.
Yes I totally understood about evacuation of a ride if they have 2-non walkers on board it poses a risk. I had to explain this to my friends as they were upset we were unable to ride together. But as I said the shows we were able to do together so we enjoyed that very much :)
I only wish I could share some photos on my report! I don't know how lol.