2 year old dining out

Started by dannyandzoe, November 19, 2014, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyandzoe

I am off to DLP with my 2 year old son on Friday.  What are the options for him eating in restaurants? Any recommendations for the best restaurants with young children?

Thank you :o)

polar vixen

Go for buffets - he'll eat for free there x

jeakat24

We found it difficult going with our dd last time (she was 19 months). Buffet restaurants, as mentioned, are the best as you won't pay. Also, Annette's portion sizes are really good so you could always give him things off your plate, plus a side maybe.

I really don't understand why they don't have smaller kids menus too!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Queen Elsa

I agree with Anettes Diner! The food is excellent and you get loads. Our 14 month old ate from our plates. In fact he ate from our plates everywhere we went. Some places provided free baby food but I guess at 2 your son is too old for that. You can order small children's portions in the restaurants too x

never2old

Our little girl eats really well, when we took her when she was two in more than one restaurant we got her a children's menu and she ate most of it...

But otherwise buffets are the best place to go, as others have said your son wont pay, and you have plenty of choice. Plaza Gardens is a safe choice, as is the Restaurant des Stars in the Studios (the cheapest buffet in the parks, by the way). Our girl also loves Agrabah. And of course you have Inventions, with the characters in the evening (though it is quite a bit more expensive...)

Also with buffets you can eat as quickly as you want - you don't need to worry about waiting for your meals to arrive...

Sulley15

When we went to restaurants they came out with choice of jarred foods, which we said no thanks as he was eating normal food. So he ate off all our plates, portion sizes were big so the kids that were older shared with him.. Buffet is a great choice as mentioned before!
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

caffeine_demon

Quote from: polar vixen on November 19, 2014, 02:56:19 PM
Go for buffets - he'll eat for free there x

Cool - do you think they'll believe me If I say I'm 2 when I go next month??  :P