4 weeks to go!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, November 15, 2014, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hello to you all :) with only 4 weeks to go I am very exited now! Havnt visted Christmas season for a few years now and although have lost count of the march/September trips we reguary do I am not sure what to expect at this time of year.
If anyone has been in recent years for Christmas season any tips would be greatly appreciated! We're staying at the Cheyenne (have before) and are going for 3 nights 4 days via Eurostar. 14-17 December :)

Zee79

It will be busy with it being the Christmas period but I didn't think any busier than in summer ( this year we are going New Year so expecting it to be heaving!). Take warm clothes and drink plenty of warm drinks. I usually have my Disney mug which I get refilled. Considering i'm a very cold person even in summer I actually don't mind the cold when here. Plan your days, take advantage of EMH & Fast pass esp if wanting to see Elsa & Anna, they were say at the moment it is about 240min wait! We found the Cheyenne very busy esp in the dining hall, got pushed around a lot, queues didn't seem to figure in some people's minds so do as they do haha. This is where we are staying at New year so it has not put us off.

Most of all- ENJOY!!!!! :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks for the info!
Yes I bet new year will be very busy, but still must be the best way to see the new year in?!!!
I was hoping it wouldn't be heaving on our visit as its week before school holidays? I have heard about the que for elsa and Anna and although I love them I don't think I'd que for that long.

Enjoy your trip too :)

Zee79

My hubby has told my youngest that he queued for a long time in the summer to see Princesses with her and didn't mind that but he not getting frost bite for her this time haha we going to try and fast pass it during EMH.
Kids are wanting to either be on a ride at midnight or take a selfie and post it at midnight from outside the castle or near the tree  :) Looking forward to it even though it will be busy. It is something different to say you have done for new year.
If no other countries have their holidays earlier or not too many that do then you should be fine the week before. I loved it going mid December when we did it. We have also been at the start of the Christmas season.

littlebitofpixiedust

So everything is open that tie in the park? Sounds fun and yes a new experience :)
Hope you meet the princesses too and were thermals just Incase lol

grovesie

We went for last Christmas, as yes it was very busy, the best advice is to make sure restaurants are booked and try to make use of the EMH. But above all have a great time and enjoy the atmosphere

littlebitofpixiedust

I'm hoping with it being the week before schools break up we will be ok? Maybe not then! Lol oh well I can't wait busy or not busy it'll be fab. :)