Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Quote from: "Javey74"even to the point of ED S.C.A being clever as it would cost you less than the admin fee (€30.00) to buy 5 new shares anyway, so it's encouraging you to buy some more over a 2 year period. It would cost you more paying the admin fee over a 6 year period [€90.00]

That's totally dependant on the share price at any given time though, of course.

I'm inclined to interpret it as meaning you don't need to buy any additional shares year on year.

Handy Andy

I am the now the proud owner of 25 EDL shares and my application for the club is being faxed over today.  :D/

To answer Javey74's question. I spoke to the very nice lady at the shareholder's club yesterday and she assured me that once you have your 20 or more shares you do not have to buy any more to keep your membership up to date. Hope this helps.
Magical Wishes
Andy

Javey74

Quote from: "Handy Andy"I am the now the proud owner of 25 EDL shares and my application for the club is being faxed over today.  :D/

To answer Javey74's question. I spoke to the very nice lady at the shareholder's club yesterday and she assured me that once you have your 20 or more shares you do not have to buy any more to keep your membership up to date. Hope this helps.
Thank you for that Handy Andy..  :D/  Question solved..  :D

I'm also over the moon since I got my first shareholder books today, which I'd read about getting every so often.  One of which is the 2008 Annual Report, it's similar to an Argos book for thickness, well maybe not that thick..  :lol:

But the other book is about half the thickness, with some fantastic pictures inside of all around DLRP, with some ideas and plans of what could be happening to the parks in the up and coming years, sneek previews and that. It even has a full colour picure of Phillippe Gas, another person I've always wanted a larger picture off and always failed, so that was a nice suprise, plus a shot in the board room and all of the directors around the table. Really got me excited to think, that around that table nearly all the decision are made to what happens at DLRP what we have all grown to love..  :wink:  

Really impressed with the folder the books came in..  :D

I've just skimmed through them both at present, as you do, but they need closer attention for sure..  :wink:  :D

britincgn

Anyone else got a letter from BNP PARIBAS informing shareholders that they are now managing the accounts instead of CACEIS-CT ?
Does any one know why this is neccesary?

dhughesrovers

Not received that one sorry, but i wanted to ask if anyone knew why the share value has just shot up? It is now over the 5 euro per share mark, it was at just over 2 Euros 6 months ago  :D/

Javey74

Quote from: "dhughesrovers"Not received that one sorry, but i wanted to ask if anyone knew why the share value has just shot up? It is now over the 5 euro per share mark, it was at just over 2 Euros 6 months ago  :D/
I noticed that aswell tonight looking at my Share Valuation..  :shock:

My shares have gone up just over 25% in value since I bought them on 9th June 2009..  :shock:

Is there something looming that we don't know about.. :-k

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "britincgn"Anyone else got a letter from BNP PARIBAS informing shareholders that they are now managing the accounts instead of CACEIS-CT ?
Does any one know why this is neccesary?

Yes, I did; and no, I don't know what the reason was. I just shrugged, filled out the forms and returned them like the good girl that I am. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Anthony

Quote from: "Javey74"I noticed that aswell tonight looking at my Share Valuation..  :shock:

My shares have gone up just over 25% in value since I bought them on 9th June 2009..  :shock:

Almost £50 profit here, 48% growth!

Excellent for the company but no, I don't understand what causes these fluctuations either. Earlier this year they were dropping lower and lower each day. Have other similar travel/tourism shares risen recently?

Willow

I bought a few shares when they were at very low a few months ago, I'm around a 100% increase! :o  :wink:

(Or basically, I've doubled the amount of money I put in)

Javey74

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Javey74"I noticed that aswell tonight looking at my Share Valuation..  :shock:

Almost £50 profit here, 48% growth!

Excellent for the company but no, I don't understand what causes these fluctuations either. Earlier this year they were dropping lower and lower each day. Have other similar travel/tourism shares risen recently?
Not that I can see in general with other tourism and travel shares, they look about steady.  Again on checking today my profit had gone up to 36.87%, I actually printed my valuation off and highlighted the increase, unfortunately I smudged the total, so I went to print it off again and within the 5 minute difference it took, it had gone up to 37.91%.  Just check it now Anthony and it's showing 48.34%..  :shock:  :shock:

So yes, spot on, how much more will they rise.. :-k  :D/

Soap

Something to do with the D23 expo being an overall succes????
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Javey74

Quote from: "Soap"Something to do with the D23 expo being an overall succes????
You might be onto something there Soap..  :wink:

I've just been reading about it and they were showcasing future rides destined for all the resorts, as well as many other areas..  :D

As you say, it was an overall success..  :D/

Willow

I don't think its to do with D23, my normal Disney shares are pretty steady with no huge increases.

Javey74

Quote from: "Willow"I don't think its to do with D23, my normal Disney shares are pretty steady with no huge increases.
Maybe, but it's the rides that may have the ultimate effect on this one, since a lot of it was to do with the parks futures with the rides being a big part of it, not as much Disney in general..  :wink:  :)

But fair point..  :)

Anthony

The Annual Report is coming up soon. Maybe things are looking good? But then how would anyone outside the company know that, to affect the share prices? I don't understand these things at all.

It seemed like they were very under-valued earlier this year though, considering the huge consolidation they did.

Up £52 (53%) to £150 from an initial cost of £98. Bloody hell, I should have bought a hundred... :shock: