Some tips for your Trip Report titles...

Started by Anthony, March 25, 2007, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Just a quick note:

To make things clearer and easier on the reader, when you start a new topic for your trip report please include the dates of your visit.

So something like "Our 15th visit! (2nd to 8th April 2007)" or "June trip report (1-3/06/2007)" would be great.

Also, if your topic contains large photos (particularly +800px, which shouldn't technically be posted on the forum, but we'll let it pass here) you might want to flag this up in the title, for people with slow or limited connections/bandwidth.

Thanks! :ears:

Anonymous

I guess that means me. I'd been editing my photo's down to a smaller size but they are generally about 1280 x 800 pixels (fornatted to my screen size). I'd linked to photo's on Image Shack because I understood that it didn't affect the bandwidth of the site, but I can appreciate that they may be taking a long time for some to download.

Had kind of got lost in the enthusiasm of this recent trip to Disneyland, and everyone seemed to be enjoying the pictures, so I was happy to share. I still have a lot more to work through as it stands.

I'll edit the title of my thread, and post a warning in there for those who may be affected.

Anthony

The note wasn't aimed at yourself, Dark_Prince, but thanks for making the changes!  It's more a request for any future topics here, just so we can keep the forum organised as it gets bigger. :)

Anonymous

I think I've found a perfect solution. People can still click the thumbnails to see larger images if they want.

:)

Anthony

Yep, that's much better. :wink:

Thanks for sharing your photos and report!

RnRCj

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I think I've found a perfect solution. People can still click the thumbnails to see larger images if they want.

How do you make thumbnails like that from Imageshack? I never been able to figure it out!

disneymadchris

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I think I've found a perfect solution. People can still click the thumbnails to see larger images if they want.

How do make thumbnails like that from Imageshack? I never been able to figure it out!

I always wondered that as well. If I can figure out how to do it it is a very good idea.

Anonymous

Sorry for being so late in responding.

Imageshack gives you several options for posting. You just select the 4th option, for the thumbnail view, and they appear like that. Give the thumbnail a click, and it links to a larger version of the picture.

RnRCj

I still can't do it  :(  All I can seem to do is link back to the imageshack homepage and not the picture.

:?

Owain

:offtopic:  But am i right in guessing that Baloo has gone on a trip to DLRP or somewhere else ?  :lol: