Anything else we need to do lest I forget?

Started by stormflm595, August 08, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

So everything is booked and printed out including flight e tickets, hotel info and confirmation, VEA tickets, Buffalo Bill tickets etc.
We have reserved all of our sit down meals.
Molly needs to book her train from her home to mine the night before so we can be at the airport in good time.
I'm currently saving up money to exchange. I have £200 so far as well as 60 Euros my dad gave to me. I just need another £200 or so to have 500 euros.
I plan to make a list of what I need.
Bought all of my toiletries.
Got some new holiday clothes and plan to buy a cute backpack.
Need to plan what I'm taking in my carry on ie passport etc

Is there anything else we need to do which we have forgotten? I'm such a worrier. We leave in 3 weeks 3 days.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

daddyof2

msRavenswood

I've bookmarked this page and always double check it before every trip abroad.  ;D

stormflm595

I have a travel adaptor but ill probably buy another! I have insurance though I haven't printed it out as its about 20 pages long and I have to do it at the library so it costs a lot!! ill do it to be safe though! and the E111 card, is that the blue European Health Insurance Card? if so I have that sorted but will check with Molly!

And thank you for the link, I'll check that out! :D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

itslizi

You've got plenty of time to check off everything, I too am a worrier.

Make sure you have all your chargers and if you camera needs batteries so spare ones. I also take a spare SD card as I do take a lot of pictures and wouldn't want to run out of memory.

I also take a couple of freezer bags, to take the odd bread roll from breakfast and take into the park in my bag for later.

That's a lot of money to take with you, although you'll have a lot to spend it on. I would spilt it and store it in two different places, just to be save if any of it gets lost.

stormflm595

Quote from: itslizi on August 08, 2014, 11:36:29 PM
You've got plenty of time to check off everything, I too am a worrier.

Make sure you have all your chargers and if you camera needs batteries so spare ones. I also take a spare SD card as I do take a lot of pictures and wouldn't want to run out of memory.

I also take a couple of freezer bags, to take the odd bread roll from breakfast and take into the park in my bag for later.

That's a lot of money to take with you, although you'll have a lot to spend it on. I would spilt it and store it in two different places, just to be save if any of it gets lost.

thank you for the tips :)

yeah its a lot but I come home with practically the whole store haha I bought so much last year it was ridiculous! xD
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

itslizi

I only took around £200 worth of euros and felt like I came home with a lot so I can only imagine how much you brought and had to carry back home with you, I hope you leave plenty of spare room in your suitcase.

I will be taking the same amount with me on my upcoming visit, though this time I'll have more to spend in the shops as I have a Half Board Meal Plan for most the food. I just hope I can add to my Toy Story family, just need Slinky dog, Rex, Mrs Potato Head and Buzz Lightyear, then I will be happy.

vampira

If you bring your camera, check it before you go! A fee years ago I visited Disneyland and wanted to take a lot of pictures (off course  ;)) only to find out the camera was broken somehow. I got too take about 10 pictures before it stopped working completely!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

norhel

Quote from: stormflm595 on August 08, 2014, 11:25:14 PM
I have a travel adaptor but ill probably buy another! I have insurance though I haven't printed it out as its about 20 pages long and I have to do it at the library so it costs a lot!! ill do it to be safe though! and the E111 card, is that the blue European Health Insurance Card? if so I have that sorted but will check with Molly!

And thank you for the link, I'll check that out! :D

Is there any chance that you can just print a portion of it?
Just wonder, because the travel insurance I got, I just have a card that is in the format like the ATM cards.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

daddyof2

As long as you know your insurance policy number and the contact number/s, you should be ok. On the subject of cameras, make sure your memory card/s are empty and will store enough photos at whatever size you want to take. Most cameras default to the largest size but take decent enough photos at smaller sizes these days, so you can often take a lot more than you think