Eating vegetarian

Started by guest8408, July 26, 2014, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest8408

Hi,

I've been looking up the updated menus on DLP guide for my trip next month. I'm only going to be in DLP for one day (sadly!) so therefore to make the most of my time I won't be able to eat at any of the table service restuarants. My only problem is that I'm a strict vegetarian (I'm wary about eating pasta and pizza etc because the cheese used is unlikely to be vegetarian).
I have a few ideas on where to eat but if anyone else could reccomend anywhere then that would be great :D

LotsoHugginBear

Visit Victorias at Disneyland Park or Café des cascadeurs at the studios.  Both offer a veggie sandwich with grilled vegetables on it, no cheese. Or try Café hyperion, there you get an omelette burger, if this one has cheese on it I don't know, but I am pretty sure you can order it without cheese.

guest8408

Thank you so much! I'll keep those options in mind :D

Samninetysix

Café Agrabah in Adventureland is very nice if you want great theming. There's loads of couscous and pulses, chickpea salad with mint, peppers, tomatoes - plenty there, even our vegan friend eats in there

guest8408

Quote from: Samninetysix on August 02, 2014, 05:31:58 PM
Café Agrabah in Adventureland is very nice if you want great theming. There's loads of couscous and pulses, chickpea salad with mint, peppers, tomatoes - plenty there, even our vegan friend eats in there
That sounds fab, thank you!

Samninetysix

Also, if you ask at the front counter in Café Agrabah, they will let you go in and check out what's on offer before you pay (all you can eat buffet). We're not veggies but we love the chickpea salad in there but then we love chickpeas anyway :) - Hmmmm, home made houmous :)

guest8408

I'll bear that in mind, thank you! :)

julesk

Café Agrabah sounds perfect, but highly recommend La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. There buffet is my favoute, best vegi options we have found so far.  :)

guest8408

Quote from: julesk on August 05, 2014, 03:48:35 PM
Café Agrabah sounds perfect, but highly recommend La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. There buffet is my favoute, best vegi options we have found so far.  :)
Sounds fab, thank you :) I've got a few places to pick from now :)

ScarletteDreams

Good topic, Im also veg., never really dared to eat In a restaurante there, coz well, when I cant see how the food gets made, I dont eat it LOL .. But now Iv heard bout Café Agraba, will probably try it on my next trip!  ;)
Btw, does anybody know if they use eggs for make their Baguettes? I know there'll be butter, but a few weeks ago I've read that some guys also use eggs for makin bread.. !?

guest8408

Eggs can be used in bread occasionally, I don't think you could be 100% sure if they use them in the food there though unless you asked them. However they still might to be able to give you a proper answer.
Are you a vegan? Or do you just avoid eggs as well as meat?

andrewuk

I would definitely take a couple of cereal bars into the park with me. At the fast food places in the parks you can usually do bread rolls, chips, salad, a fruit salad dessert and juice: not the greatest meal but it is only for a day so you'll survive! (You can even get vegan ice cream at the WDW Magic Kingdom, Paris does seem to be a bit behind on this!)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

guest8408

Thanks guys! I'm back from my trip now and I managed to survive on sweetcorn soup and sandwiches :D Thank you for all of your tips :)

moonloo

Ooooh where serves sweetcorn soup!??? I want some!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

guest8408

Last Chance Cafe! It was tasty!