Val de Europe

Started by naisworld, July 24, 2014, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naisworld

Hi
We will be returning to DP next February and have booked 4 nights. As we have longer this time we thought about visiting Val de Europe. Can anyone please tell me the easiest way of getting there from the resort? Is there a supermarket there? Any suggestions on things to do there or places to eat (with a baby and 4 year old)?
Also I have heard there is a shop at the train station, does anyone know if they stock baby food?
Thanks in advance :)

Karen

Hello there,  We have been to Val de Europe a few times, I think the best way is to hop on the train, its only one stop away. The train station at Disney is Chessy/Marne la Vallee, this is the last stop for the trains, so they come in from Paris via Val de Europe then go back again.  I have never seen baby food at the train station shop but there is a massive supermarket at Val de Europe which has everything you would need.  There are a few cafes and restaurants, they mostly seem to be at the end of Val de Europe in the direction of the Sealife Centre. 

norhel

Regarding transport, if you are staying at a Disney hotel, just go to the reception and they can call a shuttle for you.
Me and my friend did this is 2009, and it was very practical. It picked us up in front of the reception and delivered us back there. It's a shared shuttle. Don't remember the price, but it wasn't many euros.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

Thinking about visiting the Aquarium in Val d'Europe during my stay, does anyone know if it's worth the trip?

Thanks in advance. :D

cazspence

We did the aquarium last year while we were staying in the adagio, it's practically next door and well worth a visit. If you catch the pink no 50 shuttle from the parks it will drop you right at the entrance of the centre and best of all its free. 

DisneyRon

ooh, I did not know entry was free, guess that settles whether or not I'll be going. ;D

Thank you for the info.

naisworld

Thanks everyone. We will definitely get a shuttle then as we are staying at the Santa Fe so will save us having to get to the station first. Think we will go on our first day to stock up and visit the aquarium!  :)

mvboetzelaer

A little note: the Sea Life aquarium is not free: Day price is €13,90 child; €17,50 adult.
But if you buy tickets online you get a good discount. Catch is that the online ticket is dated and cannot be used another day or refunded.
Check out: http://www.visitsealife.com/paris/en/buy-tickets/

nathalie

You can just use the metro (RER) which goes from the station at DLRP, straight to Val d'Europe, which is only 1 stop (about 5 minutes?).
I believe about 1,70 € per ride.

It's a mall, so there is a little bit of everything to find there (McDonalds, toy stores, grocery store [Auchan], clothing, jewelry, etc etc etc ...).

never2old

If you have an AP you can also get a 30% discount in the Aquarium entry.

We did it last year with our daughter and she loved it  :D

The shopping center itself is very nice, and very big! If you go during the week and during the day it will be much quieter (avoid weekends), and much more pleasant.

DisneyRon

€17,50 is still perfectly reasonable, will visit if I have the chance (and I should). :)

naisworld

We'll looks like we will definitely have an extra day to spend at val de Europe!
Just tried to book our eurostar travel and there is no direct service on Thursday which is the day we should be going back. So I've booked our travel back on the Friday and going to book one night in a hotel on Thursday night. Was thinking of Explorers although I can book Kyriad for £38 for the night, any suggestions??  :)

samuelvictor

Re: Babyfood, last time we checked they don't sell it in the shop in the station, but if you need some and don't want to travel all the way to VdE you can get it from the Tigermarket in the petrol garage by the Santa Fe. (Just in front of the drive in cinema style entrance).

We've never been to VdE before but like you we're staying a little longer on our next trip and are looking forward to exploring and perhaps trying the SeaLife centre :)

perrollaz

I liked the aquarium. It's surprisingly large with many different sections.

A&S&O

Don't forget, the shops will all be closed if you go there on a Sunday.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?