Need Opinions: 1 Night/2 Day trip

Started by sjf621, February 23, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjf621

Hello All,

My husband and I will be taking a trip to France/Italy and plan on visiting both Disneyland Paris parks. We plan on spending 1 night (May 30) and 2 days (1 in each park). I had wanted to stay on site at a Disney hotel, but the package prices seem quite expensive - almost $800USD. I don't even think it would cost that much for a package at a Disney resort at the Magic Kingdom!

It looks like we can buy 2 - 1 day, 1 park tickets each cheaper than the 2 day, 2 park hopper tickets and that would come out to around $348 USD. Just wondering if it's worth staying at the Disney resort for the additional $450 for lodging at the Hotel Cheyenne or would you recommend staying at an off-site hotel or maybe even traveling back and forth from a hotel in Paris each day?

Do they ever sell just Disney resort hotel rooms (not packages) on websites like Expedia? They are listed on the Expedia website but currently say no rooms available, but the Disneyland Paris site is showing availability.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stephanie

captain rocket

OK Stephanie,
Points you raised in random order.
Expedia do offer room only at DLRP but this only tends to be in the off season when Disney are trying to get rid of rooms they cannot sell.
I'm guessing that you may be coming from the USA as you have priced everything in dollars and would just point out that you will probably be massively disapointed with the Studios, in my opinion there is at best a half day to keep you occupied here so I would suggest that on your first day you buy a two parks pass and go to the studios first and then enjoy the afternoon in Disneyland Park. The parade is usually around 4.00.pm so if you make it to the park by then you should have been able to do most of the main attractions in the Studios. This would mean that you could enjoy Dreams on your first night.
There is rumoured to be a special cavalcade for spring which should be on whilst you are there, previous cavalcades, Halloween and Christmas, have been three times a day 11.30. 12.30 14.00 approx.
Axccomodation. I am guessing you will have a car and I would recommend staying at a budget hotel within a few miles of the park, this would be like staying on International Drive, not so convenient but much less expensive.
I come from UK so I usually fly and stay at one of the partner hotels,Explorers,Magic Circus,Dream Castle and Kyriad and would recommend them all. I usually book the cheapest as I only use them for sleeping and they are connected to the parks by free shuttle bus, so no parking charges!
Any other questions you have, ask away there is always someone on this site with an answer for you.

LotsoHugginBear

I won't spend 450$ for the Cheyenne! Not for just 1 night, never!
Better try the Kyriad or the Hipark Serris - Kyriad is connected by a free shuttle, the Hipark ist only a 15minutes Walk away from the parks and the train station, so if you have no car it's no problem. You should be able to book both hotels by expedia and they should't cost more than ~100$ per Night.

Book your tickets in advance so you can save a little. And take the 2-Day/2 Park Option, if you take single tickets for each park and day you are not that flexible. And as it is mentioned you might want to leave the studios park a little earlier and change to the Disneyland Park.

sjf621

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions! Yes - we will be traveling from the USA. We planned on taking the train in from Paris since we won't have a car. I actually have been to Disneyland Paris back in 2004 when I studied in London for a semester, but my husband has never been there. I stayed on site at the Cheyenne that time and really liked being able to walk from the resort to the parks as I thought the walk near the river was beautiful in the fall. I agree that it's just not worth the added expense to stay at a resort hotel.

About the partner hotels- are these easy to get to when traveling from Paris via the train or would we need to get a taxi from the station to the hotels? The free shuttle to the park will be great. We are definitely going to do the 2 day 2 park ticket since we will be saving money by staying off site.

Again thank you so much for your help!

LotsoHugginBear

If you take the train form paris you have to leave the train at the station "Chessy / Disneyland Paris". If you choose the Kyriad or one of the other partner hotels at Val de France (Magic Circus, Dream Castle, Explorers) there is a free bus shuttle that departs directly in front of the station, so you won't need a taxi.
If you decide to stay at another hotel like the Hipark Serris - i guess there is no shuttle - but it's only a 15min walk away.

sjf621

Thanks - we ended up booking the ibis Marne la Vallée Val d'Europe due to it's close proximity to the RER station. It seems like we can easily walk to the hotel from the station and take the RER 1 stop to Disneyland Paris. I appreciate your advice!