Excited with lots of questions! :)

Started by Rosy25, February 01, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosy25

Just joined this forum last week so it's all new to me. My apologies if I get it wrong!! ;) 5 weeks and counting to our trip. Can't wait. I was there as a teenager but not since and I am now really Looking forward to going with my husband, son and daughter. My daughter turns 2 over there (I've booked cafe Mickey with birthday cake for the day of her birthday) and my son is 3 since November!

I received my travel documents yesterday and the flight leaving cork to CDG on the Sunday changed from 11am to 4pm which I was not one bit happy about as we would loose a whole day so I've now changed to arrive the day before (Saturday 8th march) and they booked us to stay in the kyriad partner hotel (what's this hotel like?!) for that night and I'm not going to bother with park tickets that day. I don't want to be rushing from the airport like a mad woman for fear of loosing precious park time!! And I was thinking it might be better to use the rest of that day to explore the disney village, go to rainforest cafe (is 5pm on a Saturday a good time...is the parade on at that time) maybe even take the train to the next stop I read there's a supermarket. Could stock up on drinks. Etc. we will then go to the Cheyenne for 4 nights. Does anyone know what time the first shuttle bus heads to the park that morning. Am I right in thinking there is free wifi in the lobby of Cheyenne now?!

Can anyone tell me about what else I could do in the disney village. Is the hot air balloon worth doing. Cost. Etc.

I was thinking of booking plaza gardens and also eating in the buzz lightyear pizza buffet restaurant, and maybe the hakuna matata restaurant...Do people like them?

Also can anyone advise me of the cost of hiring a buggy over there. My plan is to bring one cheap buggy from home (€28.99)for my daughter on the outbound flight as she travels as an infant and is entitled to bring it for free. Then I'm thinking of just leaving it there as would cost €30 to check it in coming home as she is classified as a child coming home! But I'm wondering should I hire a buggy for my son some of the days. He will probably refuse to go in it but I'm hoping if he's tired enough he may take a rest.

What is the area of the park that has photos with princesses or Mickey is this a paid for attraction with photos etc. what times and are there long queues. The normal charicatures walking around can you just walk up to them and ask for autograph/ photo.

How busy will it be 9-13th march. What's different on st.davids welsh festival to normal days.

Do you bring your own pen for the signing of the autograph books.!?

My flight home is leaving CDG at 2.30pm... Would I have time to use extra magic hours that morning or is it pushing it. What is the latest I would want to be leaving the Cheyenne on the transfer bus back to the airport. Would 11-15 be ok?

Thanks for your help and I apologise for the long post with a million questions! ;)

daddyof2

I've not been in 12 years myself, so can't really answer many of your questions but yes, take your own pen for autographs, and ensure it's fairly chunky so the characters can hold it easily. From what I've read on here, character meets aren't as easy as they were when I last went so your Café Mickey meal may well be a massive winner - surely the birthday girl will get plenty of attention. I'd be tempted to use my time on leaving day just for soaking up the last bit of atmosphere at the hotel (or even round the Village, lake or other hotels).
Let us know how you get on - my little ones are similar ages to yours. Oh, and welcome to the Forum  :)

DisneyManiac

"Do you bring your own pen for the signing of the autograph books.!?"

Yes you need a pen for Autographs, shops in the parks and hotels sell some Autograph books that have pens attached.

clarybell

Who are you flying with because we have never been charged for carrying a pushchair on a plane regardless of age.

Rosy25

Thanks for your replies ;) we are flying with aerlingus and the travel agent said it would be €40 if you prebook a buggy or €30 just for return. :(

clarybell

Bloomin heck that is rubbish. If you have had to pay for a seat then she gets a luggage allowance. Wrap it up n check it in as luggage.  ;)

Handy tip about the pens. Will take chunky ones.

captain rocket

The Kyriad is a good quality hotel, better than the Cheyenne in my opinion! It's not Disney though! Disney Village would be a good choice for that first night,plenty of choice for restaurants, I recommend you try Earl of Sandwich whilst you are at the Cheyenne. Panoramagique, the balloon is a good ride, the price is in the region of 12 euros and lasts about 5 minutes, not that great for value but where else will you get that view?Regarding Mickey he has his own meet and greet in Fantasyland, so you can guarantee a private audience with him. The queuing area is in the stalls of the converted theatre and cartoons play whilst you wait. You will not see Mickey in the park apart from Parades. The Princesses have their own pavilion and you have to queue to meet a random Princess.If you have a break you can wait by Its a small World and see the princesses coming and going, but they will not stop for photos, they will wave though!I can't help with prices for stroller hire, but enjoy your trip.

Rosy25

Yeah I think for the view alone it will be worth it. I will have the camera permanently attached to my hand for the few days!!  ;)  my daughter has no baggage allowance going over but she does coming home so I'm going to pack an empty bag for all the souvineers I will get! I think I will try earl of sandwich aswell I read about it yesterday!! There's too many nice places to eat and not enough time!!! ;) can't wait for my son to meet buzz light year! He got the costume for Christmas which I will get him to wear the day we go to the studios!  :P

pialykke

I was thinking it might be better to use the rest of that day to explore the disney village, go to rainforest cafe (is 5pm on a Saturday a good time...is the parade on at that time) maybe even take the train to the next stop I read there's a supermarket. Could stock up on drinks etc.

• Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Just take your time, get your bearings and have a good look around all the shops etc. in the Village. You can get your autograph books and pens sorted then too. And yes, good idea about nipping to the shops as well.
I was thinking of booking plaza gardens and also eating in the buzz lightyear pizza buffet restaurant, and maybe the hakuna matata restaurant...Do people like them?

• We are having dinner at Plaza Gardens too when we go in March. Booked the table last weekend. We have also booked Cafe Mickey. Apart from that we are hoping Pizza Planet is open this time, as it was shut last time we went. We'll probably just have lunch there one day. Also thinking of trying Hakuna Matata for lunch one day, so I'm with you on those choices. There are lots of nice places to eat. I would also recommend Earl of Sandwich - we had lunch there a few times last time we went, and it is lovely!! Also Annette's in the village - I think we might have dinner there one evening too...
About the buggy....

• Why don't you bring your own as you suggest - and then take it to Disney with you - then you can use it for him if he needs it, and then you can leave it (dispose of it) before you go home... That way you wont have to hire one while you are there...?? Or am i misunderstanding something?
What is the area of the park that has photos with princesses or Mickey is this a paid for attraction with photos etc. what times and are there long queues. The normal charicatures walking around can you just walk up to them and ask for autograph/ photo.

• There is the Princess Pavillion where you queue up to meet the princesses in there at that time (2 rooms with one princess in each. No schedule, so you don't know who is in there...) And Mickey has his own Meet & Greet area. You can always check the maps on the DLRP page.
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/map/
  • The characters walking about in the park - yes, you can just walk up to them for a photo. They are sorting out the random meets now, and the CM's do their best to keep people in control. But there are also lots of scheduled meet & greets around both parks, so check out the programme for the week when you go, so you don't miss out... :)
Do you bring your own pen for the signing of the autograph books.!?

• We did bring our own last time we went - just a standard blue pen... I didn't realise about the Disneyland pens - you can buy them in most shops in the village (World of Disney etc.) - they are much larger (longer and "fatter" than normal pens) so they are much easier for the characters to hold on to... I will definitely be getting one this year! (And something to bring back home too!).
My flight home is leaving CDG at 2.30pm... Would I have time to use extra magic hours that morning or is it pushing it. What is the latest I would want to be leaving the Cheyenne on the transfer bus back to the airport. Would 11-15 be ok?

• I think that is the latest bus you should get... They recommend to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight anyway, and the busride can easily take an hour depending on traffic... So I wouldn't leave any later than 11:15 I think.
Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions, but I've done the ones I know about... :)
Hope you have a great time.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Rosy25

Thanks for all your answers pialykke. That's very helpful. I am bringing the buggy with me to the parks too but I'd say my little girl will be in it most of the time it's my son who is just gone 3 I was thinking might need it if he gets tired. I guess they could both hop in and out if it. She's a lot lighter to carry if needs be!!  :P  It didn't even occur to me that a restaurant might be closed! Hope not I like what I'm reading about the buzz lightyear restaurant and I think the food would suit my 2. They like pasta and pizza etc and so does my husband! I like the sound of Annette's too but I don't think I have enough days to eat in them all!!  >:(  I read an old post somewhere from 2012 or 2013 about there being a menu in mcdonalds or earl of sandwich that incorporates the panoramagique ticket... Do you know if this is still the case. Thanks

pialykke

Aaaah, of course... That explains it about the buggy.... Sorry... :-[

Yes, it really surprised me too, when we went to have lunch at Pizza Planet last time, and it was shut! I was gutted! We hadn't told the boys about it, we just went there - to find locked doors...  :'(  But the boys didn't mind too much actually. I thought they were gonna be so upset. But they were fine...

Hmmm, I don't know about the menu to include the panoramagique tickets, sorry... I've not heard of that... If I see anything about it I will let you know...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

crewsix

Advice and costs of Buggy

15 euros per day
70 Euro deposit if hiring for more than 1 day

[size=78%]We went with my 2 year old and 3 1/2 year old girls, we brought 1 buggy.  When we got there my 3 1/2 yr old daughter wouldnt walk, it was a nightmare.  So we hired a Buggy its 15 euro per day, plus if like us you decided to take it for 3 days and not have to return it each evening it cost an extra 70 euro deposit (this was refunded on return of buggy on last day)  You can always return it each evening at park close and rehire the next day, but if your child is tired and doesnt want to walk back to hotel then youll need it. [/size]
[/size][size=78%]Its also not a normal buggy its a big metal chunky frame thing. like this one attached [/size]
[/size]http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/photos/general/219_8031.JPG[size=78%]

[/size]Also you need to carry your paper work for it everywere and each time you leave a park you have to present it to prove its yours and your not stealing it :([size=78%]

[/size]To recap if i return this year I will bring 2 buggys haha[size=78%]

BoristheSpider

Woah, that looks like one uncomfy buggy!

Rosy25

Oh thanks for that for some reason I was thinking about €9 per day but if it's 15 and I hire it for even 3 days it would actually be cheaper to check in the 2nd buggy! Think I'll do that because they both might want to nap plus might save some stress of them running riot around the airport!!  :-[ Haha. How did you find the rest of your holiday with a two and three year old? They they love it?   ;D were they good to sit for meal times?

caspdex

Have seen balloon menus at EoS and McDs in the past, just make sure the balloon is working before buying, as it is very weather dependent. Took us about 5 visits before we were able to use it.