Candleabration Bougillumination

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

The Entchanted Candleabration was magical. I recorded it on DVD an my little daughter (2 since november trip) is watching it almost twice a week since we're back home.
And she want's to listen and dance to the music every day. But she always sings "Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell tinker o way" :tink: instead of "Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way". So cute.
 :P

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Reiana"The Entchanted Candleabration was magical. I recorded it on DVD an my little daughter (2 since november trip) is watching it almost twice a week since we're back home.
And she want's to listen and dance to the music every day. But she always sings "Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell tinker o way" :tink: instead of "Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way". So cute.
 :P

Aaaawwwww... that's fantastic lol :lol:  :P

I'm glad you both enjoy it :)

never2old

Is the candleabration still going on? If they're already building the new stage, where can Mickey and co go and dance?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "never2old"Is the candleabration still going on? If they're already building the new stage, where can Mickey and co go and dance?

I'm not sure, but it was quite unusal last week when we were there. Perhaps I should explain. We first managed to catch it on Tuesday. It wasn't mentioned in any of the programmes when we were there (which after looking at the dates on them overall ran from the 20/12/08 to the 06/01/09). At 6:55 there was an announcement that Enchanted Candleabration would start in 5 minutes. So we went to watch it, and here's where it gets weird. None of the Characters or dancers appeared on the stage, and the music played without any of the speaking over it. They included all of the effects and music for lighting the candles, tree, lights in Main Street and the Castle, but without the dancing, characters, anything. It was so bizzare. Anyway, we managed by luck to spot it on Thursday when we were in Frontierland, and it was the normal show again! The full show, all the Characters, dances, etc. So why wasn't it on earlier in the week then? The weather was fine as far as I was aware :?

Anyway, I expect this is how they'll do it from now on, a quick 5 minute announcement, no programmes, and just the music. I did read a rumour somewhere though (can't for the life of me remember where though, sorry) that Mickey and Minnie may appear on the Castle's balcony and do the show from there, like they were meant to in the summer for the fireworks. But don't hold my word to it though :wink:

never2old

Hmm strange indeed!

Hope they do have Mickey and Minnie, it can't be that magical without them...

Thanks butlin boy!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "never2old"Hmm strange indeed!

Hope they do have Mickey and Minnie, it can't be that magical without them...

Thanks butlin boy!

My pleasure :wink:  :mrgreen:

Willow

Do they really need to do Candlebration now? I think they should have ended it once the Christmas season was finished, especially as they have started construction so early on the new stage.

It would be pretty boring if it was just Mickey and Minnie on a balcony, especially if they do the full show.

littlemermaid83

The reason there was no characters out on the Monday was because the stage was way too icy because of the snow and it was far to dangerous to expect them to dance around on the stage.

Tues they was back in action but had to be helped on and off the stage.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

With the stage currently being removed, yet another version has been introduced with Mickey & co on the Castle balcony.  

[dailymotion:fuhelr63]x7zooz[/dailymotion:fuhelr63]

Video by mickaelstormer on Dailymotion.

Anthony

They made it to the balcony!

Can't say I like them using the full castle lights outside of Christmas though. They light the candles, then blow them out, then let Tink light up the full winter Castle, then "celebrate our 15 magical years"... What?!

I half expected HSM to roll out, Tarzan to swing by and a song from The Legend of the Lion King be included.

The Butlin Boy

I like it. It's fantastic to finally see Mickey and Minnie on the balcony after they didn't make it in the summer, there's something magical about the spot light on the balcony and the 15, and then M&M appearing. I'm not too sure about the Christmas lights either, but I expect they're there to make the show last longer, and to make it a bit more worth-while, perhaps they'll stop using them when the nights get lighter as well. The characters at the end are a brilliant idea, the only problem is that people watching it from further up Main Street, or behind the green fence aren't going to have a clue what's going on! :wink:

Patrick

Quote from: "Anthony"They made it to the balcony!

Can't say I like them using the full castle lights outside of Christmas though. They light the candles, then blow them out, then let Tink light up the full winter Castle, then "celebrate our 15 magical years"... What?!

Well it happens to be the coldest winter for a very long time :wink:  :lol: .

But still, it does slightly defeat the point of the ice look being for Christmas.  Oh well, I suppose as long as it makes the show a little longer and worth waiting for, then good.

never2old

So they're keeping the Christmas lights on the castle for longer??

That's interesting... Personally I love them, so wouldn't mind seeing them again... Even if they look slightly out of season! And the Candleabration would look pretty short without them, they add a bit more magic...

Riebi

I´m not sure about the christmas lights but I like the balcony thing much! And the characters coming out of the castle is also a great thing! Reminds me on the opening party in 1992. I think they choose the castle lights to stretch the show a bit. It would be very short with just candles and characters.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magicalmouse125

That's great it looks really great with Mickey and Minnie up on the balcony. It just looks great. I like the idea that there keeping up the lights too. it makes it look more wintery. They keep Mickey's winter wonderland going after christmas so maybe keeping the lights up is a wintery thing. The characters at the end is a great idea too.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125